Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap -- June 7-10, 2012

Casper

I'd like to hit it. If someone has trailer space and needs gas money, throw the word over. Ben, if you're open to another rider, that's another possibility. Ridden the Dragon many times, and even rode out there twice on the Ape. Spirited pace through 127... :bow:

LOL, you'll do anything to avoid riding in the truck with us aren't you....

"I don't mean to be rude, but could you kindly hurry the fuck up"

hahaha now that I have the enclosed trailer and I know what to pack, the entire back seat of the truck will be empty and less cramped :D

I am down, I know i am not going to be able to get away without the old lady though so she will be with me, but wont be riding with me during the day. (send her shopping or something) I will drive down and rent a cabin. Max or Carwhore if you have some room in your trailer for my bike i would throw you gas money if not i can take my trailer but would get better gas milage driving my SUV vs truck.

I know I personally will be hitting the restaurant we found last year on 129 in Georgia for some amazing trout and awesome roads at some point.

You must go down 28 also to Caffe Rel in Franklin NC. Right on 28 on the left as you enter town...attached to this giant gas station. 5 star French food but lunch is very reasonable and awesome!! Get the Blue Crab Bisque they are famous for it. The Cuban Sandwich is also awesome and goes with the Bisque very well.

Then continue down 28, between Franklin and Highlands lots of cool waterfalls, one you can park your bike under. But a busy road....but then once you get past Highlands it is the one of the most amazing roads I have been on. No traffic and miles and miles of dragon like road. Take it all the way through Georgia to SC. Yea I know it sounds backwards but that is the way it works there.

Then continue down 28, between Franklin and Highlands lots of cool waterfalls, one you can park your bike under. But a busy road....but then once you get past Highlands it is the one of the most amazing roads I have been on. No traffic and miles and miles of dragon like road. Take it all the way through Georgia to SC. Yea I know it sounds backwards but that is the way it works there.

That is pretty much exactly what we did both times we went last year. Absolutely my favorite section of road I have ever been on. I heart 28

Some of the locals can drive. We were stopped at Bridal Veil Falls (the one you can park under) and this dude in an old shitty station wagon yells out "look what I just passed"...sure enough it was C4 Vette. Hilarity ensued.

Items to acquire:

heated jacket liner

heated gloves

some kind of interstate windscreen (gay)

higher foot pegs

throttle lock that isn't garbage

its June...you plan on it being that cold or are you just getting pampered with the Multi these days? :D

and this dude in an old shitty station wagon yells out "look what I just passed"...sure enough it was C4 Vette. Hilarity ensued.

One of the guys in the crew I roll with down there passed a lambo last year on The Dragon with his ST1300. He has the pics to prove it from one of the roadside photographer dudes.