whst is your dooms day/shtf scenario?

kawi kid

What about travel? Imagine Katrina, and you need to de-ass the area immediately. Roads will be full of cars.

I'll thinking either a capable offroad truck, or an offroad bike. Throw a set of knobbies on the strom and you can get through the traffic more easily, or set off cross-country.

...Not to mention any small, rural communities you may have to pass through. If the people pull together, one may have to "pay the toll" to get through on the road.

Also keep in mind if someone had enough forethought to store the food and water don't you think.they would have maybe said hey I need to protect this. So for the folk that think they will load up their guns and go take what they want.... it might end in a bad day for them.

I wanted to take.advantage of everyone's way of thinking since everyone is now coming.around to the idea that I'm not crazy anymore. Me and flounder have talked about plans.and situations before. Lol

Yeah the extent of the talk was what Kawi would do and that I just listen and chuckle about the people talking end of days because most have no idea whats important.

Those that dont already hunt, are screwed because you probably dont know how and cant hit what your aiming at anyway.

Simple survival skills - If you dont have them, your screwed, i.e food, water, shelter, antibiotics, medical supplies. Go ahead and stockpile ammo and firearms, because you'll probably be dead before you get to use them.

And the most important thing to have in any situation possible which im guessing many dont is....COMMON SENSE. regarding what to do, not to do, go, etc.

Edited by flounder

Yeah the extent of the talk was what Kawi would do and that I just listen and chuckle about the people talking end of days.

Those that dont already hunt, are screwed because you probably dont know how and cant hit what your aiming at anyway.

Simple survival skills - If you dont have them, your screwed, i.e food, water, shelter, antibiotics, medical supplies. Go ahead and stockpile ammo and firearms, because you'll probably be dead before you get to use them.

And the most important thing to have in any situation possible which im guessing many dont is....COMMON SENSE. regarding what to do, not to do, go, etc.

You seemed really interested :(

Bro hug? :lol:

Also keep in mind if someone had enough forethought to store the food and water don't you think.they would have maybe said hey I need to protect this. So for the folk that think they will load up their guns and go take what they want.... it might end in a bad day for them.

+1

Food water shelter are the first of the five survival needs. Then comes fire/energy and lastly come security.

That is a true statement for the most part. It's application, however, would be pretty limited. Like maybe WW2 Europe, where outside forces detroyed the infrastructure and consumed all the food, water, and fuel that was available.

I have more guns than I will ever need, mainly because...well guns are cool :)

There is a small chance that I will need 1 of them to defend my home someday. A slightly greater chance that I will need a weapon at a business I own in a questionalbe neighborhood. There have been a couple times I was happy to have a CCW on rides in deep/dark WV.

Beyond that, I have trouble picturing a scenario where I would need more than a pistol and a mag or 2.

Dunno why people are getting worked up. The question was "What is your SHTF gun?" not "What is your complete SHTF plan?" or "What is your SHTF food plan?"

Yeah, sure, we can't eat bullets. Nobody asked about food though.

I have a couple of week's supply of food on hand, and about a week of water. I also live near a lake and have a purifier.

Hell why didn't you say so earlier? I'll buy you the beer and supply you with a bullet :D

I'm too modern and lack hardcore survival skills. I know my fate if things were to go awry and quite frankly I wouldn't want to live without modern amenities so fuck it, I'll go out on my own terms lol

My long term situation looks like an emp attack or even a solar flare that would knock the grid out. Its very very possible.

Basically:

Pandemic=bug in

Societal break down=bug out

Emp /solar flare bug out of my place, but bug in at a close relatives

pandemic/bug in

Society break down/ bug in if short term bug out to relatives if long term.

These are my biggest concerns, I keep a stach of ammo and supplies for 1&3.

It was awhile ago and maybe I shouldn't speak for him but, I think he was getting at more of the fact that guns aren't gonna be your be all end all for survival. Food water shelter are the first of the five survival needs. Then comes fire/energy and lastly come security. Everyone seems.to be going in reverse order and its frustrating for some.

If I have to bug out, I have relatives to go to that have a farm, well,house, wood, fireplace/pellet stove the firearms/ammo is one of the last things I acquired or planned. I have 30 day supply of food and water at home, and a decent stock of medical supplies. We don't take medications so I don't need to worry about that. One reason I would bug out is my house doesn't have a fireplace, or a hand pump that I could put back on the well.

Fair enough. A "cache" of weapons and "thousands" of rounds doesn't describe me though.

The folks suggesting thousands of rounds of ammo are the folks talking about end-of-civilization scenarios where they will be living off the land indefinitely.

Or those that may need to defend a farm, which would be target for the unpreapred, and I would share ammo with less preapared relatives. Besides I like to shoot :D

When the power goes out in winter and you were the only guy smart enough to have a generator on site... Well, where are the generator thieves gonna hit up? The one house with its lights on.

Same concept with bigger stakes when you're the only guy with food.

my other backup plan if its something i see being easy to make it through is just hit up my parents. My mom basically works from home and not really that much so she spends all her time with this bullshit so I'll just roll with her supplies. My office/pipeyard can be turned into one hell of a fortress if I really wanted with all the fencing and heavy equipment we have

I don't have a huge stash of ammo maybe 500 rounds for the hand guns. Around the same for my long guns. And something like four bulk packs for the .22 that I keep unopened. When I go shooting I just pick up what I need for the day. I have food water and gas on hand to last for over a week. My plan would be bunker down in the house in most short term events. If we are talking end of the world type event hold up for a little while round up my supplies grab my gardening stuff which includes all the seeds I need to start up a good sized garden. Then head some where with lots less population

Everyone is just so well planned out and have their goto forts. I think I can last about two maybe three days till i'll just bored as sh!t and go on a rampage. If anything, I thnk I have the mentallity to survive rather than stocking up on crap that will all eventually be free in the shtf world

Zero preparation here but hey guess what nothing is happening you paranoids. Winter does not mean its the end of the world! ...although it feels like it haha

Everyone is just so well planned out and have their goto forts. I think I can last about two maybe three days till i'll just bored as sh!t and go on a rampage. If anything, I thnk I have the mentallity to survive rather than stocking up on crap that will all eventually be free in the shtf world

Zero preparation here but hey guess what nothing is happening you paranoids. Winter does not mean its the end of the world! ...although it feels like it haha

Do you have a fire extinguisher or bandaids in your home? Well your kitchen is not on fire and your not bleeding, are you paranoid? :dunno:

• Upvote 2