What are some of your favorite motorcycle quotes?

Casper

What are some of your favorite motorcycle quotes?

Some of my favorites:

"If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride." - Unknown

"It never rains on a smiling biker. Proof? You never see a smiling biker in the rain." - Jeff Paskey aka Proud Pops

"Only a motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window." - Unknown

"All I remember was ground sky ground sky ground sky MEDIVAC." - Unknown

"The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride." - Unknown

"If you get a girl on the back of your bike, and you dont end up sleeping with her, it is entirely your fault." - Unknown

"Ride like you're invisible and everyone else is trying to kill you." - Kenny Adams

"Sometimes the best communication happens when you're on separate bikes." - Unknown

"Good coffee should be indistinguishable from 50 weight motor oil." - Unknown

"Don't argue with an 18-wheeler." - Unknown

"Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" - Hunter S. Thompson

"But with the throttle screwed on there is only the barest margin, and no room at all for mistakes. It has to be done right … and thats when the strange music starts, when you stretch your luck so far that fear becomes exhilaration and vibrates along your arms. You can barely see at one hundred; the tears blow back so fast that they vaporise before they get to your ears. The only sounds are the wind and a dull roar floating back from the mufflers. You watch the white line and try to lean with it … howling though a turn to your right, then to the left and down the long hill to the Pacifica … letting off now, watching for cops, but only until the next dark stretch and another few seconds on the edge… . The Edge… . There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. The others – the living – are those who pushed their control as far as they felt they could handle it, and then pulled back, or slowed down, or did whatever they had to when it came time to chose between Now or Later." - Hunter S. Thompson

"There’s this legend about us racers. We hear it all the time that we have a lot of luck with the umbrella girls. Not me, I’ve never pulled one.Because the umbrella girls arrive at the track in the morning, when, damn it, the riders are all hyped up and thinking about the race, so you don’t think of pulling birds, you think about racing... Then, when the race is over, and maybe things have gone well and, my God, you are buzzing, and maybe want to have a good time... the umbrella girls have all already gone home, and we are there looking like idiots..." - Marco Simoncelli

"The man hunched over his motorcycle can focus only on the present instant of his flight; he is caught in a fragment of time cut off from both the past and the future; he is wrenched from the continuity of time... in other words, he is in a state of ecstasy; in that state he is unaware of his age, his wife, his children, his worries, and so he has no fear, because the source of fear is in the future, and a person freed of the future has nothing to fear." - Milan Kundera

"Loud pipes save lives."

loud pipes are no replacement for good gear, and rider awareness.

"If I had wanted to make a life long career out of working with the mentally retarded, I would have either gone into

Special Ed or opened up a Harley-Davidson dealership..." - Christopher T. Shields

Edited by magley64

"motorcycle racing makes heroin addiction feel like a mild craving for something salty."

(I stole it from someone's signature on the WERA board. I doubt they came up with it either.)

"it all goes together the same way it came apart ...unless it came apart at redline."

"when in doubt, throttle out. You can't lose the front if you're picking it up off the ground."

"you couldn't find the race line if I painted it on the track!" - Buck Miller, former AMA racer and former NESBA control rider (responding to a guy who kept pestering him about being moved up to "I" group. Trust me, the guy had asked enough times that he deserved the response.)