What i did in guns.

kawi kid

• 2 weeks later...

What holster is that?? Lots of trigger guard area showing.

It's from some local shop I picked up at the Middleburg Heights/ Berea Gun show. That's weird, in the pic it shows the trigger guard but I can assure you it covers the entire thing lol.

Here's a close up. It's just the indented shape we see for the trigger guard area.

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone.

It's from some local shop I picked up at the Middleburg Heights/ Berea Gun show. That's weird, in the pic it shows the trigger guard but I can assure you it covers the entire thing lol.

Here's a close up. It's just the indented shape we see for the trigger guard area.

ege2ybuh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone.

Got ya, I see it now. 

Add E to GOTT.

agree

Bought and shot a new toy today.... Walther PPS in 9mm. I've been really struggling for that right carry gun. After my third attempt at a Gen 4 G19, I got rid of that a few weeks ago. Never a failure, but all three constantly pinged my face with brass. I was carrying my Sig 239 pretty religiously, but I've found the weight to be pulling my pants down even with a holster belt and Supertuck Holster. After a little research, I found a Walther PPS. This thing is really amazing to shoot. Weights less than 20oz and hits whatever I point at. I really like this gun. I bought a DESantis leather OWB made for a G26 until my Supertuck and CS Sidewinder ship, but it is extremely light to carry. If you get a chance to try one, I highly recommend it.

BTW, I tried a mag full of those Liberty Civil Defense rounds. Pretty cool little cartridge. Almost no felt recoil and a flame that looked like a torch. Hit the mark though. I'm keeping the gun loaded with the rest.

I was really wanting a PPS, but stumbled on the 9mm Shield.

It was a "whichever one I found first" thing.

I will probably still get a PPS, and then figure out what I will do with the Shield, if my shooting " 'lil small guns"  improves with the PPS. 

Speedytriple might be happy if I sell him my Shield.

Did someone forget to mention Vance's is building a fucking 56K square foot range/shop in OBETZ 1 mile from my house?  I mean holy shit, I just put the house up for sale, but might have to reconsider after that.  Granted it's the last thing I need for my bank account, but I mean literally I can go there, shoot, hit the gym, get TB/KFC/AIDS, and come home.

But for real, I was wondering WTF they were building right off Alum Creek in some shithole area, now I know.  A Vances with 24 lanes to shoot, and huge ass store.  I figure their current store is what, maybe 10K sq ft at most?  I mean 56K is fucking huge.

Anyways, uh yea, ground is broke, no footers yet, but It will basically be a warehouse so it's gonna happen super fucking fast because the 100K st ft warehouse behind my friends house went up in 4 months from the time they were done excavating.  

Won't be far from me either. If their customer service is better than their their columbus store, I'd join rather quickly.

Oh, you've had that "Customer service" too?  Yeah, I don't step foot in there currently, simply use their ad to price match at Gander or Cabela's.  Had one of their salesmen sell me a used gun off the web and let's just say it was a POS and didn't work.  But he was happy to take my $$ and walk.  This was after he wouldn't cut me a discount on the floor model LCP I wanted and just gave me a "you're stupid" look.  Since then I haven;t been back, and will only go if their location down here isn't shitty too with customer service.  If it is, I will deal with OVO for shooting and anyone else for guns.

Taught my buddy clint to shoot. He lives an hour away and we don't hang out much but he bought an Xd 9 and wanted to learn to shoot. At first he could barely get it on the paper, just all over the place. He was doing literally everything wrong. After teaching him grip, stance, sight picture and trigger control and getting him to stop bad habits like stabbing with the gun and yanking the trigger I had him putting 6/10 rds in at least the 7 ring with a few 10 rings and bulls.

Got to the range for a bit today put 150 rounds down range with the XDS9 took a bit to adjust the grip for the smaller size of it. But ended up figuring it out and was right on by the end of the hour. Ran a bumch of types of ammo in it to see how it would do. Shot some blazer alum, brass, some federal brass, some old power ball defensive ammo I had and some critical defense rounds. It fed everthing fine with no jams, point of impact was moving a little with each type of ammo but grouping well. 

Edited by speedytriple

• Casper unpinned this topic