Don't blow your hands/arms off

Casper

i took a course at mid-o back in 06 and the instructor was a professional indy driver and he taught us that 9-3 was the best for controlling the vehicle

best part of the class was piling into a mini van and having the instructor hot lap mid-o in it....i didnt think a van could handle that well lmao, was a fun ride

i took a course at mid-o back in 06 and the instructor was a professional indy driver and he taught us that 9-3 was the best for controlling the vehicle

best part of the class was piling into a mini van and having the instructor hot lap mid-o in it....i didnt think a van could handle that well lmao, was a fun ride

Would that be Dave? He likes to rag that Oddessy around the track faster than most folks could drive a Corvette.

Mythbusters also tested injuries resulting from hands/fingers inside the when the airbag goes off. They showed that if you use a "Vulcan" grip (two fingers and thumb inside the wheel and the other two fingers outside the wheel) the airbag can tear your hands in half (leaving the two inside fingers inside the wheel).

As long as the airbag can push you arms away you'll be fine.

Mythbusters also tested injuries resulting from hands/fingers inside the when the airbag goes off. They showed that if you use a "Vulcan" grip (two fingers and thumb inside the wheel and the other two fingers outside the wheel) the airbag can tear your hands in half (leaving the two inside fingers inside the wheel).

As long as the airbag can push you arms away you'll be fine.

Fractured my left thumb back in 07' airbag deployed on my hand and I can't "crack" my thumb anymore if I do it hurts like a bitch. At the 10 and 2 position I think it was

Back in 1991 when I was in auto tech school, we had a demo where an airbag was deployed in the middle of the shop floor. It was just the airbag by itself, laying "bag up". That was very loud and powdery. (assuming powder-y is actually a word)

Fractured my left thumb back in 07' airbag deployed on my hand and I can't "crack" my thumb anymore if I do it hurts like a bitch. At the 10 and 2 position I think it was

With all due respect, if it "hurts like a bitch" when you crack it, don't crack it... :D

tumblr_lxhvhuKR6K1qb118c.jpg

Back in 1991 when I was in auto tech school, we had a demo where an airbag was deployed in the middle of the shop floor. It was just the airbag by itself, laying "bag up". That was very loud and powdery. (assuming powder-y is actually a word)

I've watched around a thousand I would guess. Yes, loud, loud. Its essentially rocket fuel powered and set off in a controlled explosion. We would video the deployments set up in a test stand with ultra high speed cameras. A lot of focus is on how the bag comes out and "presents" itself to the poor occupant, who is about to get the crap knocked outta them. -- Its better than dying though. It was a great job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6YLIwzbbyM