Tire Cuping

Jst2fst

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 is way too low for street riding. And, you are not getting that thing over on it's edge so, the tire temps are going to be standard issue. 36-40 is a lot better starting point. Don't go with 42. That is a cold PSI based on maximum load for that tire. Two up? Yes. Yourself? Run the 35 range and see where that gets you.

The center is done, but could be smoothed out overall. Also, the cupping is probably a done deal and where I was referring to when saying that by the wear, you are not overly aggressive (good thing by the way on the street) and probably cannot get the cupping evened out.

Overall, get a better tire. Watch the PSI and check everyday before you roll out...

Noted, I had an idiot moment :crazy:

tire pressure is key to tire longevity, along with suspension being set up properly.

but pressure is foremost!

When your ready for a new set hit me up, ill get you taken care of

I'll be heading your way in a month or sooner for some Q2's I think.

I'm a big guy on a 600 as well and I have conti's on mine. I dont have any wear issues and run my tires at 42 and 36 psi. I also made sure the load was adjusted on the suspension for my weight.

Us big dudes wear out tires quicker. More weight inevitably means more wear.

Make sure the pressure stays above 30 and you'll get the most life.