Tire Cuping

Jst2fst

So did mine. Starting tomorrow, it goes back to 5 minutes! :)

Yea, and that was only one way wish I still lived closer

Front and rear Road2 package $253. Shit that's a good price. Think I'll order a set unless Hoblick beats it.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=3175

Thanks for the link, its gonna be a month before I can get tires :(

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard road 2s are better for lighter bikes aka CBR. Not sure if there's any truth in it.

I don't think weight is the issue. I've ridden plenty two up and I'm 240 gf is like 110? I always kept my rear 42. People say in they wouldn't buy I never had an issues and did plenty highway/straight/twisty with no problems.

Just checked the pressure digital says 23.1 and I added air last week said 36. I don't have any leaks bead and rim are in good condition valve stem is seted no dry rot and in good condition. Gonna buy another tire guage and see if it still says the same.

Edit: tire cold psi is 42

Just checked the pressure digital says 23.1 and I added air last week said 36. I don't have any leaks bead and rim are in good condition valve stem is seted no dry rot and in good condition. Gonna buy another tire guage and see if it still says the same.

if it is losing air try replacing the internal part of the valve stem. you can buy them at autozone and the little tool to screw it in. it's very easy and inexpensive. you're looking at maybe $5.

if it is losing air try replacing the internal part of the valve stem. you can buy them at autozone and the little tool to screw it in. it's very easy and inexpensive. you're looking at maybe $5.

Ok, I'll pick one up and do it at the gas station so what psi am I looking for then if 42 is the cold psi

well ok then. 42 it is. lol

sounds reasonable but I've never used that much. but I run super aggressive tires that don't need 42psi. but they also only last 2500-3000 miles.

Well looks like I'll add 42 and see if that will solve the problem I just figured the tire would blow but if the specs say 42 I'll do it. That's just more than my trucks tires which are 35psi I believe.

That story was very sketchy about the pr3 rear tires. Its funny no one but that guy has had that problem. Think he rode on it with no air or wrecked the bike. I had a set and think they are much better than the pr2s

Yeah, I find it hard to believe the tire in that picture had "almost 10k" miles on it.

Jst2Fst, I run the recommended pressures in my tires and have never had any problems on either of my bikes. I'd say when you get new tires, keep them set right at the manufacturer's specs and see how they wear. What do you set the front at for pressure, I know it looked pretty similar to the rear with the exception of being worn way more on the right side than the left. Does your bike track straight if you let go of the handlebars?

Yeah, I find it hard to believe the tire in that picture had "almost 10k" miles on it.

Jst2Fst, I run the recommended pressures in my tires and have never had any problems on either of my bikes. I'd say when you get new tires, keep them set right at the manufacturer's specs and see how they wear. What do you set the front at for pressure, I know it looked pretty similar to the rear with the exception of being worn way more on the right side than the left. Does your bike track straight if you let go of the handlebars?

Front tire is at spec, I just had a idiot moment with the tires. I'm guess that as well lead the the wear pattern on the front right side. New tires next month if I can go that log with the front.

23 is way too low for street riding. And, you are not getting that thing over on it's edge so, the tire temps are going to be standard issue. 36-40 is a lot better starting point. Don't go with 42. That is a cold PSI based on maximum load for that tire. Two up? Yes. Yourself? Run the 35 range and see where that gets you.

The center is done, but could be smoothed out overall. Also, the cupping is probably a done deal and where I was referring to when saying that by the wear, you are not overly aggressive (good thing by the way on the street) and probably cannot get the cupping evened out.

Overall, get a better tire. Watch the PSI and check everyday before you roll out...