3 Ohio OVI = lose your ride

ReconRat

Oops, under state law, 3 OVI in Ohio in a 6 year time frame, and your vehicle can be taken.

This one is up on ebay, or will be. I don't see it there yet though.

2009 Harley Davidson Softtail Heritage Motorcycle.

Harley Davidson up for auction after Vermilion police seize it from OVI suspect

Yup, nothing new :) I do however like the vet with the 'this vehicle will never be driven by a drunk driver again' sticker on it :) cant remember which city has it, someplace local. I hope that guy learns his lesson about drunk driving or has alot of $$$ to give away :lol: ya booze ya lose :dunno:

Good. I'm glad they took it. My stupid cousin went out on St. Patty's day and picked up some chick in a bar. On the way home he rolled the car and killed the girl. Looking at 14 years for vehicle homicide plus other charges. The worst part is he already had 5 ovi. :mad:

Good. I'm glad they took it. My stupid cousin went out on St. Patty's day and picked up some chick in a bar. On the way home he rolled the car and killed the girl. Looking at 14 years for vehicle homicide plus other charges. The worst part is he already had 5 ovi. :mad:

Omg, are you serious?

Not sure how much help this would really be; seems like there's always someone willing to 'help' them by lending them a car.

Wasn't that idiot who killed the 3 kids from Hiram driving his girlfriends car? I remember something like OVI #13 for him.

Not sure how much help this would really be; seems like there's always someone willing to 'help' them by lending them a car.

Wasn't that idiot who killed the 3 kids from Hiram driving his girlfriends car? I remember something like OVI #13 for him.

Maybe all vehicles should have breathalyzers? Sure it would piss alot of people off, sure there are ways to get around it. But in all honesty it would do ALOT more good than harm and save alot of lives(not talkin bout the driver, but the person the driver WOULD have killed)

Maybe all vehicles should have breathalyzers? Sure it would piss alot of people off, sure there are ways to get around it. But in all honesty it would do ALOT more good than harm and save alot of lives(not talkin bout the driver, but the person the driver WOULD have killed)

:nono: we have enough Big Brother in our lives.

:nono: we have enough Big Brother in our lives.

Idc bout.the.driver, I care about who.the driver.kills. If nothing 1-2 dui.should..be a.mandatory breathalyzer(which is the case in some.states) I know my cousins b4 had one in his car.after.1 dui. I think its a great idea, especially for those that cant control their.drinking.

Idc bout.the.driver, I care about who.the driver.kills. If nothing 1-2 dui.should..be a.mandatory breathalyzer(which is the case in some.states) I know my cousins b4 had one in his car.after.1 dui. I think its a great idea, especially for those that cant control their.drinking.

It's already been discussed how they will just go around this, borrow a different car, have someone blow for them. Criminals break the law. Don't punish innocent, law-abiding citizens by mandatory breathalyzers in every car.

It's already been discussed how they will just go around this, borrow a different car, have someone blow for them. Criminals break the law. Don't punish innocent, law-abiding citizens by mandatory breathalyzers in every car.

Well, yes, but if we put it.in a car after.1-2 dui sure some will get.around it, but not all. + its another costly.expenses if.nothing.else :dunno: the more $$$ they spend the less likely they are to.vet.another dui? I know after I blew $3k from my dui I learned my lesson asap, but some people wont learn tilk they kill someone and that needs to be prevented. And im not saying make it standard issue on all cars, just standard issue on newer cars + mandatory for 1+dui on any car. Hell some cars dont have.to have.seatbelts, but its mandatory to wear a seatbelt, unlesw you own an origional car without a seatbelt.

Well, yes, but if we put it.in a car after.1-2 dui sure some will get.around it, but not all. + its another costly.expenses if.nothing.else :dunno: the more $$$ they spend the less likely they are to.vet.another dui? I know after I blew $3k from my dui I learned my lesson asap, but some people wont learn tilk they kill someone and that needs to be prevented. And im not saying make it standard issue on all cars, just standard issue on newer cars + mandatory for 1+dui on any car. Hell some cars dont have.to have.seatbelts, but its mandatory to wear a seatbelt, unlesw you own an origional car without a seatbelt.

And here comes this argument again... Many on here (including myself) believe that the seat belt law is an infringement on rights as well. I've never driven drunk and I never plan on it, but I don't want a breathalyzer in my car now or any that I buy in the future.

I agree, cars should be made with breathalizers and shutoffs when ever a cell phone is activated.

Texting while driving or drunk driving is much the same. Plus cell phones being used while driving should be illegal unless using hands free technology.

my cousin has a breathalyzer to start his truck, and if he comes to a stop it will randomly shut off (like at stop lights or stop signs)....prevents him from having someone else blow in it unless they are driving around with him...he got it after his 1st dui, but he is a minor and its in AZ, so different laws

Good Lord man. That's insane.

I agree, cars should be made with breathalizers and shutoffs when ever a cell phone is activated.

Texting while driving or drunk driving is much the same. Plus cell phones being used while driving should be illegal unless using hands free technology.

That is actually the law in a few.states and on base. I know conn has had a cellphone law for quite a few years now(over 7)

I could care less bout laws that protect just the driver/rider, but when it comes to laws protecting those around that drive/rider its almost a necessity. Too many people fuck shit up for everyone else and im willing to suffer for some of it to some extent.if.its gunna protect myseof,, my friends, my family and everyone else I care about im all for it.

That being said im all for capital punishment too, but thats never ever ever.gunna happen so were gunna suffer cuz of it, oh well, rather my kids NOT be killed by a drunk/texter/talker than YOU being convenienced...

Btw not sure if you saw, but there is an app out there.that locks the.phone up if your going a certain speed :) its designed for parents to prevent kids from using their phone while.driving, personally I think it should be mandatory.on ALL phones, I cant even tell you how many accidents ive avoided.over.the years do.to some fucker talking/texting while.driving instead of paying attentiom to the road. Seriously do these people feel that important? Are they that far above someone? Well fuck em, I just want to get out of ky car and punch someone in the face when I see them on a phone.

Its called BLUETOOTH and other hands free devices people, learn to use it. And for those on here that this apply to please quit putting my family at risk, I do not appreciate it.

my cousin has a breathalyzer to start his truck, and if he comes to a stop it will randomly shut off (like at stop lights or stop signs)....prevents him from having someone else blow in it unless they are driving around with him...he got it after his 1st dui, but he is a minor and its in AZ, so different laws

Thats good, although why would the sober driver not be driving? Lol, I suppose if its a minor or a non driver, but still why would someone want to get in the car with a drunk driver or let them be out on the road willingly.

Btw not sure if you saw, but there is an app out there.that locks the.phone up if your going a certain speed :) its designed for parents to prevent kids from using their phone while.driving, personally I think it should be mandatory.on ALL phones, I cant even tell you how many accidents ive avoided.over.the years do.to some fucker talking/texting while.driving instead of paying attentiom to the road.

okay, then how do you stop those same assholes from reading the newspaper, or a book, or shaving their legs...

you're assuming that because one distraction is unavailable, that they will somehow magically pay attention to the road, rather than diverting their attention to some other distraction...

the problem is shitty drivers that don't focus on driving, not the shit they do OTHER than focusing on driving. Treating a symptom, not the problem.

I rode in a car with the breathylizer in it, it would randomly start beeping every 10-15 minutes, requiring a new reading to delay an automatic shut down.

okay, then how do you stop those same assholes from reading the newspaper, or a book, or shaving their legs...

you're assuming that because one distraction is unavailable, that they will somehow magically pay attention to the road, rather than diverting their attention to some other distraction...

the problem is shitty drivers that don't focus on driving, not the shit they do OTHER than focusing on driving. Treating a symptom, not the problem.

Automatic shut off on automatic cars if both hands leave the wheel at certain speeds for xxx seconds.

Automatic shut off on manual cars if both.hands are.off.the wheel/shifter for more than xxx seconds.at.xxx speed.

Although, can be changed for handicap that have 1 arm, if 1 hand leaves the wheel would take place of 2 hands leaving the wheel.

I drive with 1 hand, (although I keep 1 hand on my shifter at all times) but they could also set designated hand resting places too or something idk, ide suffer and drive with 2 hands if it keeps my family safe.

Thats good, although why would the sober driver not be driving? Lol, I suppose if its a minor or a non driver, but still why would someone want to get in the car with a drunk driver or let them be out on the road willingly.

thats the point. it prevents him from driving because he cant restart it on his own, and if he had a sober driver with him, they would be driving anyways.

I rode in a car with the breathylizer in it, it would randomly start beeping every 10-15 minutes, requiring a new reading to delay an automatic shut down.

this may be how it works...ive never ridden in it, he just said it will randomly shut off

Automatic shut off on automatic cars if both hands leave the wheel at certain speeds for xxx seconds.

Automatic shut off on manual cars if both.hands are.off.the wheel/shifter for more than xxx seconds.at.xxx speed.

Although, can be changed for handicap that have 1 arm, if 1 hand leaves the wheel would take place of 2 hands leaving the wheel.

I drive with 1 hand, (although I keep 1 hand on my shifter at all times) but they could also set designated hand resting places too or something idk, ide suffer and drive with 2 hands if it keeps my family safe.

sorry bud, not to be an ass, but do you even think ideas through before posting them?

i could make a list of reasons why those options are stupid, but honestly, i would feel more stupid myself just having to type them out....

• Upvote 1

this may be how it works...ive never ridden in it, he just said it will randomly shut off

sorry bud, not to be an ass, but do you even think ideas through before posting them?

i could make a list of reasons why those options are stupid, but honestly, i would feel more stupid myself just having to type them out....

Alot of things the law requires is stupid, if they can make self driving cars than why not.this? The shut off would work more/less like the breathalyzer and I know the theory has a couple flaws, but there are ways.around this. This is 100% possible if someone put the time into it. WE CAN reduce bad choices drivers make like eating, reading, talking, texting, drinking(alcohol) and whatnot. People will still have enough time to.take a quick drink or smoke a cig(just cant hang hand out the windown)

I know most people like to hang a arm out the window, maybe that could be one of the sensor places, but as redicilous as you may think this sounds its not impossible and could save lives, now as far as convenience goes thats another story...