noob + liter bike = ass over teakettle

ReconRat

Or why your first bike shouldn't be that badass liter bike.

Or why you should pay attention and watch the road.

Broken leg, if you watch close.

Camera is on an 848 on a group ride. Noob is in back and hurrying to catch up on a straight. Camera goes down because the 848 rider got knocked down.

edit: as near as I can tell, this was in South Carolina. edit: Ruff Ryders from South Carolina

The guy was a new rider with just a polo shirt, jeans, untied sneakers and a helmet on. He was told to stay in the back but as we accelerated on the straight away he raced to catch us. We (a group of about 8) saw the trailer and slowed. He continued to accelerate to the front between other riders when.....he hit the trailer. pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

To answer a few questions: My 848 was damaged on the left side. Broken shift lever, rashed plastic on nose, left side fairing, and rear tail fairing. Also broken upper fairing stay caused by me getting tossed forward over the handlebars when my bike hit the ground. Which answers the comment about me laying my bike down to help...His bike took me out and my bike went down because of it.

edit: add alt source for video:

http://www.streetfire.net/video/kawasaki-zx10-hits-a-trailer-dead-on_2396540.htm

banned by youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMTZNggZQsI&hd=1

from Todd Halterman's website

Edited by ReconRat

Foly Huck! Did the kid live?! That was traumatic enough just watching, I couldn't imagine being there:nono:

Yeah, he didn't get tossed that far. Probably got slowed down, almost.

Trailer slowed the bike down, didn't it?

Camera is a bit wide angle and makes it look farther.

There's seven (now nine) pages of comments and climbing on the YouTube website for this one.

I like this one out of left field...

Hello BC, I am a sailor on a boat currently docked in Florida and I am interested in your bike. Please to be holding check with guareteed bank funds and transfer ownerships of vehiccle so I stow on boats for voyage. If this is to your pleasing I will have my associate contact you within 30 days.

btw, some of the riders probably saw him coming from behind, but obviously some did not. Nothing should ever overtake a bike rider from behind without the rider being aware of it. Rear view mirrors are your friends...

Edited by ReconRat

some of the riders probably saw him coming from behind, but obviously some did not. Nothing should ever overtake a bike rider from behind without the rider being aware of it. Rear view mirrors are your friends...

The cool kids take those pesky mirrors off, it adds power by reducing wind drag

And this is why i preach to put the less experienced riders in the front so they dont try and play catch up and 95% of the people here bitch otherwise and say they should be in back

+1000000 for flounder and eat shit to those that disagree as heres your evidence.....

:banana::biteme::trophy::flingpoo::bigfinger:

Edited by flounder
  • Upvote 1

That poor innocent ZX-10 didn't deserve such a spectacularly stupid death. I've now seen what an air born squid looks like, and it was harsh.

600cc to a Busa you can get yourself killed. The Busas just do it a 1.5 seconds quicker.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2