Are these good tires

ridein

Those are good, and not a hateful pricetag. Q2's are good stuff too but cost a bit more than this guy is asking. Never ran these myself, but friends boast they're good rubber. I just got about 500 miles on my Q2's and like them so far

I just swapped out a set of Roadsmarts on mine for the Q2's. Think I got about 3.5-4k'ish out of the rear. The dual compound does tolerate some highway abuse and I didnt think they hooked bad in the corners either. I plan on getting another set for daily beatings, just scuffing in the Q2's for next year.

$199 for a set of Pilot Powers is a decent deal. These are sport tires so dont expect them to last as long as a PR2 or Roadsmart. -- If I was needing tires I would grab them. I have a PP in the front and like it.

--Got about 2800 on a rear Roadsmart and around 2k on a PP front. Plenty of tread left.-- I never have a front and a rear wear out at the same time. For sport tires, I typically get 5300 on the front and 3300 on the rear. Kinda experimenting with the Roadsmart in the rear if I can get double the miles, I'll be happy.

Edited by mello dude

Use this as your tire price reference as they are generally best prices I find.....

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=Motorcycle+Tires

I would pass on those for $200. They are ok tires and I would offer $150 or lower. As a new rider your not going to out use them. Q2's are significantly better tires and I got decent mileage out of mine on a 600. If you can get them at a better price I say go for it. If not buy PP2Ct's as they will offer better mileage and grip.

Q2 is the best street tire for 2012 so far.... too many reasons to list! Should be around 240 a set shipped to your door!

I concur. I am about halfway through my first set on the litrebike at 2300 miles. I find them to be very predictable. I like them better than the Michelin Power Pures I had last.

I raced on Q2's last year. Great tires.

I did track days on Pilot Powers prior to using Q2's. Also great tires. I can only personally vouch for them being good up to a fast "I" pace, but I'm sure they would have been fine in Advanced as well. I know many of the STT coaches used to run the rears in "A" because they were cheaper, and lasted a bit longer.

No sport-biased tire is going to last longer than a sport-touring tire though.

my pps weren't confidence inspiring at all. now, i'm not a track day rider, so my word is pretty much useless.

they did last me a season and a half though. commuting every day it was above freezing, and some under, if it was dry. don't ask miles cuz i have no clue.

Damn 8k on roadsmart? i got like 2k and the rear is shot. And have zero faith in them.

I tend to put 400-600 miles a week and i'm not hard on the bike so yeah that is accurate mileage. I just sold the bike and the guy was pleasantly surprised by the life i had left on them. I'd buy another set for the replacement bike when it's delivered

I have PP 2 cts on right now and I like them. Unfortunately since I am a NEO rider, I slab it a fair amount. I've got about 2400 miles on them right now and the center still looks pretty good. That's with a hot ride from Columbus to Cleveland. With that said, my next tire is going to be a Q2.

Love my Q2s for double duty track and street when I road street. For street only, I loved my Roadsmart rear. Good combo of grip and longevity. NinjaNick has a zx14 and tears through the country backroads with Roadsmarts no issue.