Close call on todays ride

NinjaDoc

I don't know how it didn't bother nivin as much as it did me. (I was the bike at the time with the camera) I had to stop shortly after to get my nerves under control. If one thing had been different it would have been a disaster. Just shows no matter how careful you are danger is still there. Ride on, never in.

I don't know how it didn't bother nivin as much as it did me. (I was the bike at the time with the camera) I had to stop shortly after to get my nerves under control. If one thing had been different it would have been a disaster. Just shows no matter how careful you are danger is still there. Ride on, never in.

I met you last weekend & you're out riding with the Doc already, way to jump right in. Do not believe anything bad he has to say about me.

Oh yeah, motorcycle riding is dangerous.

I met you last weekend & you're out riding with the Doc already, way to jump right in. Do not believe anything bad he has to say about me.

Oh yeah, motorcycle riding is dangerous.

Kind of reminds me of Georgia coming over the hill with the lady making a left.

Good job keeping your composure doc. I guess you are a ninja. :D

^ err on the side of caution, always.

Rather feel stupid for going too slow than eating whatever lies over the crest.

Doc got a perfect example of this on video @1:15, there is a slight crest, I wasn't sure of oncoming traffic, so I moved over. I felt bad for the guy I passed in the same lane, but if a car crested that hill......I'd rather apologize to that guy 1000x than hit that crest 1 time with a car coming the opposite direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD0AkD80vIc&feature=plcp

Edited by RHill

So glad that it was a just a close one. VFR with linked brakes and Ninja Skillz:bow: I may not have been so fortunate. I generally drift a little to the right when I crest a hill. Just a habit. In this situation it may have changed the outcome. After following you for a few miles,it wouldn't have been the first time that you scared the :shit: out of me. This one just wasn't your fault.

I remember splitting the middle of UP and that car. That shit was gnarly. :eek:

UnclePunk asked me later' date=' "How did you not hit me?" #you'renotamazdathat'swhy[/quote']

It must have been good practice. I sorta remember you and Jinu splitting a couple cars. Set off my pacemaker:eek:

Wow, that was close. I've definitely had my share of rectally loosening moments with cars, but not any as close as that. I've gotten to where I take it pretty easy over blind rises because of things like this.

I'm glad everything worked out ok.

I always thought about that on group rides. You wanna leave enough space between you & the next bike but "too much" space makes a car think another bike isn't coming. Glad it went well for ya.

While this is good in theory, it doesn't always apply to the real world. Hell, you can be in plain site and someone will still not see you. Ever drive a car? Then you know what I mean... if some fucktard can't see a car what makes you think they will see your bike? Or even the group of bikes? Even if they do, what makes you think they give 2 shits about you? It's their road, get the fuck out the way. You sir are 100% invisible, now drive like it.

Not trying to be a Dick, but I'm sure tons of people here can vouch for this, including myself. Hec, I can't even count how many times I've made eye contact with someone and they still bout wrecked me :nono:

Edited by Exarch