What are you cooking on Thursday?

LJWalter

Getting tired of the traditional Thanksgiving. Looking to breakout & do something different. I am also a chef which doesn't help sometimes... I can easily over complicate things once i get going.

What will be on the table for your Thanksgiving dinner?

We hate Turkey so Thursday I will eat turkey with the wives family, but Saturday when my parents and I throw our celebration we will do a honey ham, I prefer country style but since I am smoking turkey breast we didnt want country ham and smoked turkey both, just too much.

We have the normals other than that, the 1 thing I give 2 sh*ts about is sweet potato casserole. I could have nothing else besides that and be happy, my moms is the bomb and honestly it is the only thing she makes the doesn't totally suck. She knows it and is fine with it, but man she can F up sweet potato casserole.

If you want something different do steaks, done that several times, or bison/buffalo, something red and yummy.

We go everywhere else on Thursday for the traditional oven baked turkeys, then on Saturday, we cook our turkeys and a deer hind quarter with lots of maranades and a stick of butter on the inside.

2011-11-26_164151.jpg

In laws wanted to do crab legs (Alaskan King Crab) but the wife and her sister vetoed the idea. So we will be doing deep fried Turkey injected with Louisiana Licker sauce.

Actually I really like Turkey so Im glad we are going that route even if I do also love crab legs.

I will be making the sweet potato casserole. And it is my favorite dish. However it probably should be served for desert :D

Craig

we ain't cookin' shit!

my wife's uncle is a big-shot attorney, and was foolish enough to invite our parma-trash asses to the Cleveland Yacht Club for turkey day. BOOM!

a few years ago someone knocked over the ice sculpture. That's right bitches! Not only did this joint have an ice sculpture, but I got to watch it smash into a thousand pieces as it majestically fell from the dessert table. It's a classy affair.

So far:

Im thinking brunch style, early afternoon. Traditional cheesy eggs, bacon wrapped country fried steak w/ sausage gravy, & chicken n' waffles. I wrote a fantastic recipe for a crispy sweet & spicy batter.

If that doesnt work out I will go with Jen's sugestion of Everclear & Meth

Have a 9lb pork shoulder that has been sitting in my brine mix for the last 48 hours, time to rub and will be hitting the oven at around 2 am. 12 hours later it will be done, wrapped for 2 hours and then pulled. Some damn good shit!!!!!!!

Ron505 is my hero by the way......seriously jealous my man!!!!!!!!

Edited by Pokey

Just made my turkey breast rub, and the powder mix of my injection is made too, just need to add sherry and balsamic. Also have deer jerky on the dehydrator too.

Did you say you are cooking a pork butt in the oven? No smoker? I can't imagine anything else.

Smoke from Spring to early Fall, and I bet if you try my oven pork you would be very pleasantly surprised. ;)