AR15 flip up irons - whats on your carbine?

Helmutt

Forgive me for learning as I go, but does anyone have experience/knowledge with the Veriforce equip? Aluminum rear, and steel front backups. Pricing seems very reasonable. Looking at these particularly...but intel on any of their irons is appreciated. No reviews on their site so I'm surfing other forums for good/bad/ugly info

http://www.veriforcetactical.com/Folding-front-steel-sight-for-gas-block

http://www.veriforcetactical.com/Ar15-Flip-Up-Rear-Sight-A2-Look

I was considering mbus, but Speedy recently enlightened me about their susceptability to heat on a SA. The Veriforce are relatively close in price to the mbus, but in steel/aluminum versions, just unsure about the quality......so, whats everyone else using for backups?

FYI, These will be going on a .223 Oracle w/gasblock mount

Looks like it might fit on the front? Double check on the height to make sure it lines up right.

The link for the front sight specifies gasblock mount for an AR, so I was under the assumption it should fit fine?

MI flip ups front and rear with a rail gas block up front. Love em but the rear is not adjustable for elevation. With some practice at a good outdoor range you can eyeball the Kentucky hold-over pretty good. Sights are nice, machined from solid aluminum with ball detents. Once flipped up they lock in pretty positively. I'm happy with them.

I just got my carbine to look at the sights on it.They look just like the ones you are asking about..I tried to see if there was a name on them but could find none. I live in the same town as you do if you would like to see them in person let me know.

MI flip ups front and rear with a rail gas block up front. Love em but the rear is not adjustable for elevation. With some practice at a good outdoor range you can eyeball the Kentucky hold-over pretty good. Sights are nice, machined from solid aluminum with ball detents. Once flipped up they lock in pretty positively. I'm happy with them.

I'm finding that a lot of mfg's dont offer elevation adjustment, just windage. Elevation can be ballparked to some degree once I'm familiar with the weapon, will probably rely on the Truglo once I get some irons fitted/sighted in.....want to start with those before I trust a powered optic that could fail me at some point. I'll check these out, thanx Sam.

Believe these are what Sam was referring to, but this one appears to have a pin lock instead - I like the idea of flip n go vs. flip, pull pin to find the lock's seat and then pinlock it in.....more to consider but no more than these cost, I'd be happy with either option.

I just got my carbine to look at the sights on it.They look just like the ones you are asking about..I tried to see if there was a name on them but could find none. I live in the same town as you do if you would like to see them in person let me know.

Nice! Another Piquanian here! The ones from Veriforce dont appear to have any markings ( at least in the pics I've seen ) so could very well be what you have. Will have to make some time to meet up after New Years and compare bangbangs

A.R.M.S. flip up is nice. The A.R.M.S. 40L is nice.

I'll check these out too.

Thanx to all for the ideas so far - I have been surfing tons of tactical sites for sights, and there's virtually TOO much available for AR's, they're like the Ford Mustangs of the carbine world

Both my Ar's wear Troy Industries, standard black rear, tritium night sights on the front.

i-fRN32HN-L.jpg

Nice piece - would love a DD - looks like your optic has a quick release to use the irons? I have a red dot but its mounted forward enough so that the flip ups should sight through it, hopefully.....if not, I'll need to nab a different riser.

Wow, Troy Ind are expensive little buggers too, was wanting to stay way under $200/set - a T.I. rear and cheaper front might be an option though

Here is another nice option LOL! We could do this all day long ya know..

I KNOW! This is what I've been doing for a few days now.....too much out there to digest, so I figured I'd post up to narrow it down to where the opinions and my wallet meet.

Troy Ind., Midwest Ind., or YHM.

Pick any one of those three and you'll be good. Just remember, if you're going to mount the front on a railed gas block check to see if it is same plane or not and get the appropriate sight.

MI looks tempting right now, but may still dive on the Veriforce since they're cheap and carry a 5yr warr. Gas block is just a tick lower than the toprail, so the front would need to be a scosh taller to accomodate.

Use a straight edge like a square or level to check to be sure. If it's very close to being same plane you can get away with a std. front. If it's noticeably lower you'll want to get a gas block style front. My M&P15 is OR and the gas block is same plane.