Lots And Lots Of Changes Made. Lots More Coming.

Casper

Liking the View New Content tab...

However, didn't the old version show more of each poster's information like their geographical location? I was checking the "Monday, Monday, Monday" ride thread and was going to base my attendance on who all was coming from where but I don't see that information anymore?

Sounds like you're doing something wrong. I hit new content, and it goes to new forum posts. Shows everything unread. Mobile or desktop version of the site?

What they are doing is hitting new content...reading a post then trying to go back to new content. The forum currenly seems to mark it as 'no new content for you' as soon as you read one post. I think the new software uses 'new content' and 'unread posts' as two different things. 

The work around is to hit new content...then open each post you want to see in a new tab

• Upvote 1

Liking the View New Content tab...

However, didn't the old version show more of each poster's information like their geographical location? I was checking the "Monday, Monday, Monday" ride thread and was going to base my attendance on who all was coming from where but I don't see that information anymore?

Yes, and that's on the list to fix. I'll be starting a list in the original post of this thread of things I need to fix/change.

What they are doing is hitting new content...reading a post then trying to go back to new content. The forum currenly seems to mark it as 'no new content for you' as soon as you read one post. I think the new software uses 'new content' and 'unread posts' as two different things. 

The work around is to hit new content...then open each post you want to see in a new tab

Doesn't do that for me. I can click a link, read all posts, click view new content, and see everything that was there minus what I just read. 

What in usercp are you looking for?

Used to be in the top, middle. Thats where the subscriptions, rep and warnings where located. At least  that is how I used it.  

Like Davi ( :D ) said I always used it to check threads I was apart of as well as any rep and stuff with one click from bar where forums, members etc is. I also liked being able to change the page options and all of that through it

for those not getting anything on View New Content, mine did the same thing on my phone until I marked all forums read. After I did that it worked as it is supposed to

for those not getting anything on View New Content, mine did the same thing on my phone until I marked all forums read. After I did that it worked as it is supposed to

Yes. This was mentioned earlier in this thread. If you haven't done this, do it. 

Casper, on 21 May 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Doesn't do that for me. I can click a link, read all posts, click view new content, and see everything that was there minus what I just read.

Ok, I just retested and you are correct. But I saw something similar to what I described earlier. All the new content poofed on me and surprised me. I will continue clicking to see if I can duplicate it.

i get the blue and white screen on my phone, on my computer i get the new normal screen. If you are seeing the blue and white scroll to the bottom and hit the full version button.

I have done this and it is still telling me "no new content"

Only thing I can do is go to my name and click "my content" and i can review this page and a few others.

I have done this and it is still telling me "no new content"

Only thing I can do is go to my name and click "my content" and i can review this page and a few others.

Fixed. Make sure you don't have "Just items I follow" highlighted in the lower left. 

I'm hating on change.  

I guess I'll have to get used to it.  I'm sure I'll have some whines and gripes, but I'll keep them down for a little while to see what gets addressed in the near future.

How is it on the admin side of things?  Easier to admin/moderate?  

I'm hating on change.  

I guess I'll have to get used to it.  I'm sure I'll have some whines and gripes, but I'll keep them down for a little while to see what gets addressed in the near future.

How is it on the admin side of things?  Easier to admin/moderate?  

It's not a piece of crap, so that's a bonus. :)

Can you give me some detail about that? What did you like better about the old site's navigation?

Sure...for example 'User CP' displayed more information on a single screen than 'My Profile.'   I have found most of the information, but you have to go to different tabs to see it.  Once on different tabs like Rep (received) rather than just seeing the links it shows the entire post.  Again, you can get it all by scrolling, just less info is displayed on a single screen.

I like the look, but it takes a few more clicks to see what I'm used to seeing.