Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2014

Casper

I liked 89. Scenic is definitely the right word for it. Pretty cool. Unlike you and your brother taking pictures of me in bed...

I was feeling (almost) ok at the moment in the picture that you posted above, it was the moment I came around the corner and saw him - he was more than half in my lane and of course first reaction is slow down/stop.  By the time I was passing him, he had moved over a bit, but still pissed me off a little.

I was feeling (almost) ok at the moment in the picture that you posted above, it was the moment I came around the corner and saw him - he was more than half in my lane and of course first reaction is slow down/stop.  By the time I was passing him, he had moved over a bit, but still pissed me off a little.

Years ago I got some really good advice from one of the most skilled riders (street & track) that I've ever ridden with.

On the street, don't finish your turns near the double yellow...this is for right handers specifically.  Start your right turn as far to the left as possible and finish as far to the right as possible.  This isn't the fastest race line, but when you have some lazy cager coming the other way and they drift into your lane to start their turn, you'll be in the best position to avoid them.  This has saved my skin many times.  

Edited by Tpoppa

Is it just me or does everyone else hate cruisers now more than ever?

Big shout out to Midget Todd and Turnone for their very generous offers of help to me over the weekend.

i for sure do, followed these two dudes on HDs through the entire dragon that would drag race out of every corner and slam the brakes into each one. They knew i was back there and never once considered letting me by. Due to there accelerating out of every corner i never got a chance to go around. It was exhausting just watch them ride those things like that. Full throttle, full brake, wiggle wiggle wiggle(not following any kind of line) full throttle again, they did that the entire 11 miles.

Edited by 2talltim

Is it just me or does everyone else hate cruisers now more than ever?

Big shout out to Midget Todd and Turnone for their very generous offers of help to me over the weekend.

I do. And you're welcome.

Sport bikes and most of the Jap cruisers didn't have a prob with me passing or pull dick moves trying to block. 99% of the Harley crowd though couldn't be bigger ass bags if they tried. I passed em dirty out of pure spite when they start the swerving and blocking shit.

I hate all sportbikers because this asshat went over the center line and hit a car head on. Except OSUMJ, she seems to get it. And Snot because she makes awesome sammichs. But the rest of you, I hate you now. Sorry it has come to this. And look, he isn't even wearing proper gear. All the more reason to hate everyone on a sportbike. Except OSUMJ and Snot.

post-10994-0-74852600-1402421184_thumb.j

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 2

When I am on the sport bike they don't bother me and to some extent not much in my truck. When I am trailering or riding the scooter they are complete asses or the overwhelming majority are. When they go out of their way to block I just have no idea what they think they are trying to accomplish. Do they ever get any satisfaction out of behaving that way? I have come up on you do you really think blocking me from going around you is going to make me slower? I always pass bikes with way more regard than I do cars in fact I will usually wait for a really clean pass when I come up on a bike. Until you try on purpose to block me when I go to make that clean pass. This blocking took place too many times to mention this weekend. I was always two up on the scooter when it happened and she would have killed me if I would have done some of the things I wanted to do to those people. How does it feel to be passed by a 250 scooter two up tough guys?

• Upvote 1

"It's just a phase, it's just a phase..."

I feel like you maybe didn't do too much rebelling when you were a teenager. 

I rebelled plenty, even got busted for pot back in my young hippie days. I am just returning the hate that the sportbikers are spewing here. I tire of it.