What will you next bike be?

Tpoppa

Although I absolutely agree with Pauly...what you would be using it for seems more crusier centric unless you're gonna use the excuse of getting the FZ1 to make it on down to SEO and the like. If you do end up with the cruiser...send me the ad on that fz1 :D

I'm probably going FZ1.

I talked to the guy on that S83 -- it was sold to some old guy, who died shortly after the purchase. They replaced the battery, cleaned the carbs up really well, etc.

However, the logistics of getting up to Michigan, getting the bike, bringing it back down, and replacing what may or may not need replaced on a bike in that situation are a little cost-prohibitive.

I figure, even if there's something minor wrong with the FZ, I'm still going to have several hundred dollars budgeted bringing it up to snuff before riding season gets here.

I've always been more friendly towards sport standards than cruisers, anyway. Took the V65 Sabre over the Magna, for example... and a VX800 over an Intruder.

Edited by Ryan_c_F

So it's definitely, DEFINITELY the FZ1.

Went and saw it before the bike show, and it's absolutely cherry. Runs great, has the full Yamaha GYT-R pipe on it, jetted, and he's throwing in a hard tail bag, tank bag and a seat pad.

Going to ride it around on the next dry day and load it into a cargo van if it doesn't slip its gears under acceleration.

...is it spring yet?

Hate the new seat on those things, but it is a truly great-looking bike otherwise.

The color is so, so classically pretty in person.

I usually end up ditching the stock seat anyway. So, that will end up being a Sargent or Corbin before too long. Better stop before I start whining about Manufacturers not being able to put a decent seat on a $10k bike. (Oops, too late.)

Edited by DAC

I'm currently looking for another 91-94 ZX7R or a 1996 ZX7RR. If I find the right one at the right price then great. If not then so be it.

93 ZX7R

HPIM5538.jpg

91 ZX7R

0505101821-00-1.jpg

Too bad you're not looking for a 6.

My dad's neighbor has a ZX-6E with 14k miles. Been sitting for a while, so you'd get it cheap.

Same color-scheme, almost.

Too bad you're not looking for a 6.

My dad's neighbor has a ZX-6E with 14k miles. Been sitting for a while, so you'd get it cheap.

Same color-scheme, almost.

Thanks for the info, but I have a thing for the ZX7R's and the 7RR's.

Yeah, but the Multistrada isn't fat. It's just ugly. You've got the double-winner.

I'm glad you have different tastes than me. If everyone in this world had the same likes and dislikes it would be a very boring world. That being said, I think you may be confused. The bikes I'm looking for are the homologation bikes for Superbike racing. In 91-92 there were about 500 of the K model ZX7R' s imported. This was the number they had to import to be legal for AMA 750 Supersport racing. In 93-94 ( there were no 95 ZX7R' s) Kawasaki imported 50 of the ZX7R M model each year so they would be eligible for AMA Superbike racing. These bikes were lighter than the standard ZX7's (these were the J & L models) plus they had more adjustable suspensions, flatslides carbs, close ratio transmissions and a few other things that were different than the standard ZX7's. The ZX7's didn't get portly until the 1996 models came out. Personally I think the 7's are beautiful bikes and I'm quite content with them in my garage. To each their own.

• Upvote 1