What will you next bike be?

Tpoppa

Surprised With all the Diavel comments. I'm more surprised that I don't think anyone here has one that I can remember at least.

Have an old highschool buddy that just bought one, he says it is one bad ass machine.

Surprised With all the Diavel comments. I'm more surprised that I don't think anyone here has one that I can remember at least.

It's an awesome concept: cruiser comfort, with super sport power, Italian styling.  Really nothing else like it out there.  Price tag ($19k base model MSRP) is way out of most people's reach.

It's an awesome concept: cruiser comfort, with super sport power, Italian styling. Really nothing else like it out there. Price tag ($19k base model MSRP) is way out of most people's reach.

A buddy if mine from college bought one when they first came out and approached me this summer to sell it to me for a reallllly good price. It broke my heart to turn him down. I probably could've afforded it but the timing wasn't good

They are pretty comfy to sit on, fast in a straight line and I think they probably handle well enough for the street but I dont think your going to keep up with tpoppa on one. But I heard that the rear tires are expensive and they go through them quickly.

diavel.lean.jpg

Plus you can put a back rest on and luggage and go for a trip, though I guess the rear seat does lack in comfort.

New-2013-Ducati-Diavel-Strada1.jpg

is there an echo? lol

A buddy if mine from college bought one when they first came out and approached me this summer to sell it to me for a reallllly good price. It broke my heart to turn him down. I probably could've afforded it but the timing wasn't good

Edited by magley64

I haven't seen one either although I haven't seen many Ducatis at all. A random yellow 748 but I know the guy who owns it. Saw a 1199 in Columbus in November. Never seen a multistrada ever. Although the price makes most people run anyway.

I like the idea of the Diavel, but not the actual bike. I think for that kind of money I'd buy a 2nd gen Multistrada or even a BMW GS. $20k and scraping hard parts doesn't work for me.

To be fair, I've not ridden one. It may be complete cozy, ass-hauling bliss.

You can pick a used one up for 12k or so if I remember correctly. I havent looked at prices in awhile though.

The kid in me wants a KTM 1290 R Super Duke. The old man in me wants it because he has absolutely no business owning one. F 800 GT looks like a nice option. I too would like to see Yamaha come out with something sportier with the new triple.

my buddy had a Diavel Carbon.  cool bike, but nothing i would own.  We traded bikes for a bit, and he didn't want to give my multistrada back.  I couldn't wait to get off the diavel.  it was weird handling, the big fat rear, although it handled better than expected, it definitely had a ledge like handling.. slow to turn, then it would just drop in.

no wind protection at all, and awkward riding position to me.  not cruiser, not sport, not even standard really.  

but Tons of power, and the brakes are freaking amazing 

It's a toss up between the new BMW S1000R semi naked, the new Ducati Monster 1200, the new KTM Super Duke, & the KTM SMT right now. I'm headed down to Akron today to check out the new Monster. All these bikes are nice, but the bikes I have in my garage right now have a significant advantage in that they are paid for.

It's a toss up between the new BMW S1000R semi naked, the new Ducati Monster 1200, the new KTM Super Duke, & the KTM SMT right now. I'm headed down to Akron today to check out the new Monster. All these bikes are nice, but the bikes I have in my garage right now have a significant advantage in that they are paid for.

If you get closer to wanting that SMT, let me know and I am looking to part with mine.