What have you done for your motorcycle lately?

Josh1234

Just installed some Euro style rear turn signals that kind of flush mount to the rear of my ZX10R. Makes the taillight look like it wraps around the tail and removes the goofy looking signals off the license plate holder.

Put some cheap-ass Chinese running lights on DumpsterHawk, mainly to be seen better. Holy hell, mission accomplished!!

IMAG0846_zps28b107b2.jpg

Six watts (total) of LED lights completely swamps the 55 watt H4 low beam.

• 2 weeks later...

Please make sure that you give us a ride report after you get it out on the road.  I looked at one of those at Iron Pony but the price wasn't right.  I am curious to see what I am missing out on.

Edited by Wojo72

Please make sure that you give us a ride report after you get it out on the road.  I looked at one of those at Iron Pony but the price wasn't right.  I am curious to see what I am missing out on.

i also looked at that xr1200 at pony, it is an X model (has the better suspension package on it. the price was alot more than i was wanting to spend on one.  i Got mine at Marysville Honda Motorsports, at a great price.  I did my research on pricing and i paid well below market value for mine.  They are a niche bike, and are actually very hard to find.  i think i found 3 in ohio, and only 4 more in a 300 mile radius.  all of which were more than what Marysville had this one listed at.  I paid less than asking for mine, and also walked away with a New HJC RPHA-10 helmet out of the deal.

because of the deal i got on the bike, that will allow me to buy the Showa performance suspension kit for it and still be in under the price of a X model.

plus i was a sucker for the Harley Orange color on the XR1200.

im looking forward to puttin it through its paces on the roads of south eastern ohio come spring time.

• 2 weeks later...

ordered some shocks for the XR today.

BiTubo HD0023WMT02
fully adjustable, preload, rebound, compression..  and 20mm longer than stock shocks.  i may still run blocks to raise the rear a bit more.
gonna order solid rear motor mounts monday, and then decide what im gonna do with the forks.. either Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 cartdridge kit or the Showa Big Piston Forks.

hd004wmt03-bitubo-wmt-twin-shock-absorbe

• 3 months later...

Ordered a rear tire last night, since the one I put on in June has 7000 miles on it and will only last me maybe another 2000 or maybe to the end of the month.

[emoji12]

Edited by 2talltim

I washed one of them yesterday...all that commuting in the rain last week made it choc brown and silver gray in spots. Almost had two, deer strikes in the AM trip home....never thought that they'd be moving in rain. One almost was in town, Danville, just after gassing up.

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

Let the 89 Ninja run for like 15 minutes.  Got it hot enough to make sure the fan kicks on and the new Muzzy aluminum fan is awesome!  ^ metal fins instead of the factory 4 plastic fin fan.  Was hoping to get it out on the street for the first time but it started pouring here.