Have you had your bike out yet this year?

Casper

Have you had your bike out yet this year?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had your bike out yet this year?

• Yes
    • No

You were right about Craig by the way - great guy all around.

I felt pretty good yesterday evening, but today... my neck and shoulders are a little pissed off. Nothing like your arm though! [emoji16]

Tonight I ordered a Weld86 skid plate on his advice and a center stand for chain maintenance. I can see myself leaving the pavement more often now that my cherry is gone. [emoji13]

Get that thing in the dirt

Took a couple spins around on "The Beast" already.  I still need to replace my front tire on the "X" (VTX) before I can take it for a spin, but the oil & filter are changed and it has been fired up couple of times already.  I plan to head over to CCM this Saturday to get the new tread on and then hopefully take her out for a quick spin that afternoon or Sunday.

I still want to bleed the brakes on both bikes and get my sag set for "The Beast", but I just have to ride when I can at the moment to keep my sanity or is it insanity???  Hmmm....   LOL

I've been out several times so far this year. I think 4 times if I'm counting correctly. The third trip was to the dealer in the rain to get its first service. I hate riding in the rain, but sometimes you have no choice. I just ordered a set of rain gear from RevZilla so I can be more prepared next time. Took me a couple hours to totally dry out. Also need to get some baggies for my pocket contents, since my mesh jacket breathes air (and water) into the pockets too. 

Today was a perfect riding day in my part of Ohio. I took the bike out for about an hour just riding around North Canton, Green, Springfield, and surrounding areas. If I didn't have to go home to do some laundry, I would've stayed gone all day.

The recommended tire pressure on the Connie is 42 psi, regardless of which tire is on it. If you run lower pressure it will shorten the life of the tires.

If you run lower tire pressure on the man sized STs you wear the tread quickly. The GT Angels are a little stiffer than sport bike tires due to the increased load. I tried to get away with 38 and 36 psi cost me about 2000-2500 mi in tread life.

Yup like Mike said, have to keep the psi's up on the connie or she will chew through tires like there is no tommorow. Heavy bike with lots of torque. I keep one extra pound in the rear for milage due to my weight too, I'm about 275lbs dry 285 ish with gear, bike is around 700 ish full of fuel, so even without packed bags I'm rolling almost 1000lbs at any given time. Oh yea and I run Angel GTs, I'll get 8k to 10k out of a front and 6k to 8k out of a rear.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

Yup like Mike said, have to keep the psi's up on the connie or she will chew through tires like there is no tommorow. Heavy bike with lots of torque. I keep one extra pound in the rear for milage due to my weight too, I'm about 275lbs dry 285 ish with gear, bike is around 700 ish full of fuel, so even without packed bags I'm rolling almost 1000lbs at any given time. Oh yea and I run Angel GTs, I'll get 8k to 10k out of a front and 6k to 8k out of a rear.

Are you gonna stick with the Angel GTs on your next tire change? I weigh a little less, but I am getting more miles than that on the PR4s. Granted, a lot of my miles are commuting on the slab.

Man you guys aren't riding hard enough. I can only get about 6k on my 1000. Dad is getting 4k from his Connie on Michelin's and pirellis.

Well if you are still down in Tenn like your signature states, than I can assure you that the cheese grater like road surface down there and the very very twisty roads may have something to do with your tires wearing out so quickly. ;)

The recommended tire pressure on the Connie is 42 psi, regardless of which tire is on it. If you run lower pressure it will shorten the life of the tires.

It always amazes me how bikers f' with tire pressure and in most cases end up running it too low.

Well if you are still down in Tenn like your signature states, than I can assure you that the cheese grater like road surface down there and the very very twisty roads may have something to do with your tires wearing out so quickly. ;)

Hah, quite true. I don't spend much time going straight. Roads are pretty awesome down here.

Are you gonna stick with the Angel GTs on your next tire change? I weigh a little less, but I am getting more miles than that on the PR4s. Granted, a lot of my miles are commuting on the slab.

I'll stick with a Angel on the next rear(already ordered) to keep them matching front and rear. The next change after that i might try the PR4 because it should be a front and rear change. Even though i love the feel of the Angels