DerekClouser

Current forecasts for Ohio,

Northeast Ohio,

8dayWEB.JPG

Central Ohio,

web_6day.jpg

Southwest Ohio,

no_bkgrd_7day_full.jpg

These images are linked from, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland, WTTE Fox 28 Columbus, WDTN Dayton.

Also attached 2 screenshots of the NOAA - Graphical Forecasts - Central Great Lakes for Sat Sept 12.

post-18216-0-77722300-1441911640_thumb.j

post-18216-0-01824700-1441911670_thumb.j

You know gang, motorcycling is an outdoor sport. Sometimes you get wet. Reading all of this I am thinking some of you might want to take up an indoor sport...like knitting.

Says the hairy hatchet wound who rides a huge road sofa with a monstrous windshield that offers excellent wind/rain protection.

Some of us sport riders dont enjoy travelling 180 miles from home to hit some great twisties and have their spirited fun spoiled by falling water. There's enough on the road to keep my brain busy, much less adding pisspoor adhesion.

I'd rather play my safety card and keep me and my bike fully intact. But, the weather isn't looking too bad so far. Rain forecasted at 30 some percentile, I'll chance it

Says the hairy hatchet wound who rides a huge road sofa with a monstrous windshield that offers excellent wind/rain protection.

Some of us sport riders dont enjoy travelling 180 miles from home to hit some great twisties and have their spirited fun spoiled by falling water. There's enough on the road to keep my brain busy, much less adding pisspoor adhesion.

I'd rather play my safety card and keep me and my bike fully intact. But, the weather isn't looking too bad so far. Rain forecasted at 30 some percentile, I'll chance it

http://thekneeslider.com/rocketshields-detachable-sportbike-canopy/

• Upvote 1

Obey the #3 rule. If there is a decent chance of some dry corners. Ride to & from are inconsequential.

I dont mind the rain riding home nearly as much as during the ride itself. Slabbing sucks no matter the conditions.

And Tonik, that rocket shields canopy is the most hideous thing I've ever seen an investment in :lol:

I'll hold out for a sport tourer before I'd mount a free one of those

Id put my money on jim and his road sofa up against most of ya so called "sport riders" any day any weather, 

• Upvote 1

I'm not racing Jim on those backroads, but I'd enjoy a trackday with him just to see how well he tosses that half ton scoot around.

And I'm not bashing Jim in a violent manner, by any means, just some stern ribbing back at him. We aren't fair weather riders all the time, but the wife and I have ridden in enough rain this year. Caught in it several times, including 2 long rides where we got soaked for several hours.

It doesn't seem to be too bad of a forecast, so it's hopefully going to stay on for Saturday.

Looking forward to it

last epic ride my gear took over week to dry. Gap trip it took 3 days to dry, my leathers have taken a beating this year. I cleaned them and conditioned after both rides, but they may need help from BB in Ky., they don't feel like they did before.

oh, I am a girl so I am allowed to cry about the weather. It will ruin my hair...

I've road for 30 yrs....rain sux on a bike.....i don't have anything to prove about riding in the rain and cold....been there and done that way to many times. Hopefully the weather will go in our favor this time... the spring ride wasn't fun at all in the rain....great roads ...great people but shitty weather ruins it.....let's all think positive. ...lol

All the forecasts are calling for a slight chance of rain early but it's all slight chances and the most I saw was .09 inches for the day so we are a go unless something changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally someone that can read a weather report.  55% chance of rain is not the important part.  55% chance of widely scattered tiny showers is the important part.

I'll make the final call tonight about 8pm - 9pm. 

Also,

Just a random side note, if anyone wants to make a donation to the church can give me cash at the meetup. I'll be sure to meet with the lady and give the donation.

Again, not required by any means, but if anyone wants to do that, they are certainly welcome to. 

Edited by DerekClouser
  • Upvote 4

Forecast for my area looks like crap. If I get up and it looks good I'll be there, otherwise I'll sit this one out. I'm with Hellmutt and Dubie on this. I've had my share of rides in the rain and its not my favorite thing to do.