Deals Gap 10-10 to 10-14

2talltim

That's a long way to slab it down there (I just got back from driving it and it sucked as bad as I remembered it) and there's always the "WTF do I do if I bite it and break my bike" factor. Been looking at getting a Kendon trailer for some time but haven't had much urgency behind it and right now there are other things I'd rather spend the $ on that would get used more. Probably pick one up next year.

Edited by ScubaCinci

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the bike back together last night and WOW! I can't belive the difference the 190-55 rear tire made(stock is 190-50). I swear it took 300 lbs off that bike on the turn in. Usually had to really push the bike into a corner, now it just falls in. Going to be a learning curve on how she handles. Last night's test ride resulted in cutting all my corners too short and going left of center on most my lefts. Just need to remeber not to push it over so hard.

Edited by 2talltim

Says you.

GPS wasn't broken, it was just confused. Within a half hour it was back on route.

Yea, it followed my GPS for half an hour back to the route.  And don't forget the hour prior to that where it took us all over Harrisburg for no apparent reason.

Yea, it followed my GPS for half an hour back to the route. And don't forget the hour prior to that where it took us all over Harrisburg for no apparent reason.

To be fair we did get to see some really nice strip malls, and chain restaurants.[emoji57]

To be fair we did get to see some really nice strip malls, and chain restaurants.[emoji57]

And we know what every exit and on ramp looks like for 81 since we drove past all of them to get to the other side of Harrisburg just so we could stop at a gas station right by another ramp.

I should have let you kill him.

Www.jakewilson.com noone has better prices.

Kennedy's in Elyria darn near matches their prices.So I like giving them the business. Going to do the front bias, still 10k left on the rear. So it will go next and can put a radial on the back.

I just can't throw away half of a tire.

Okay so we will have 3 full days to ride while there, i have 2 days ride planned for myself and i want to take the 3rd day as a fuck off and explore local area day maybe hang around dragon too. I don't really care for leading and I'm not the best example of a leader but if anyone wants to go along you have been warned..LOL. They are long days with around 300 miles each and there is a water fall or three in each one. No idea which one I'm doing on what day yet, will depend greatly on weather.

Here is one of the rides...

https://goo.gl/maps/vSjhd

and the other..

https://goo.gl/maps/qqOw7

Edited by 2talltim

I got 6 out of my last rear and 8 out of my last front, front had tread on it but was cupping. So I'm making suspension changes too.

Heck I barely got 4k out of the stock Bridgestones on my FJR. Never cupped, but it was blistering. Angel GTs are looking alot better.

Heck I barely got 4k out of the stock Bridgestones on my FJR. Never cupped, but it was blistering. Angel GTs are looking alot better.

What Bridgestone were you running I just spooned on a set of T30 GT specs. My pervious tireswere Angles A spec

What Bridgestone were you running I just spooned on a set of T30 GT specs. My pervious tireswere Angles A spec

From what I am told, the stock stones are different from the aftermarket ones, but they were BT-023s. This is my 3rd set of Angel GTs, 1st set on the FJR, and I really like them. Might try the PR4s next. Running DynaBeads and the wear good. I might be doing a suspension upgrade this winter that might help tire wear.