Everyday riding boots....what do you wear

jhughes

REV IT  has some cool high tops that just looks like all black chuck taylors but they are $280 ....ugh 

I don't  how much protection they have. Most of the time I dont mind riding in normal boots but sometimes if i meet people out for something i dont wanna walk in with my space boots on lol

I have a pair of Cortech Latigo Air boots.

Pretty comfy; easy to get on once they broke in.

Only two issues I'm having with them -- first, the heel cup has a cut a small (1/2") gash into the leather above my achilles. Not sure if it'd make a difference in a crash or not. Second, the sole separated from the upper about two weeks ago -- mostly a cosmetic issue as the main protective structure of the boot looked undamaged, so I just slathered it with 'Shoe Goo', stuck it under a table leg for two days and it's held fine since

A* SM-x 5's. Only pair of boots I own.

Pretty sure that's what I have too. Have had them since 2010 and still kickin. Granted they only saw a couple thousand miles in the last 2 seasons

Edited by Bad324

Icon field armor boots. Had em for like 4 seasons and 3 crashes now. Still holding up fine.

Same here.....minus the crashes......LOVE these boots, well made for sure -- too bad they're disco'd.   May find some leftover stock somewhere online though

A* SM-x 5's. Only pair of boots I own.

Same, very comfortable boot that you can wear for a while. Check out some of the newer riding style boots recently that are more relaxed style either on revzilla or sport bike track gear for video reviews to start with. Not sure some will provide as much protection as the full boot will.

A* web gore-tex l, you will not find a more comfortable boot. Mine are more comfortable than any other shoe,boot, flip flop, slipper that I have ever owned. You can wear them all day and walk around I them too.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 2

I'm actually wearing my Doc Martens today.  I wore the Joe Rocket boots because of the additional ankle support but over time the velcro is becoming less and less reliable so I sometimes get to work, take a step and the whole side of the boot opens up.   Ankle support is no good if the boot comes off.

I may go back to a proper riding boot next season, but no more velcro.

The laces on my dockers aren't a problem because I fold my boot socks down over the tops of the boots and that holds the laces in place just fine.

Reebok Velocity, 8" side-zip water-proof tactical duty boots.

Previously made by Converse.

Both were made under contract from Warson Brands.

Popular name is "Moon Boots".

Don't laugh, I ride a standard. These boots saved me from a broken ankle, smashed toe, etc.

And they stay dry inside, in the rain and deep water.

You can actually walk or run or hike in them. Comfortable.

I have the same Alpinestars boots for track use, but my old street boots were shot and I wanted something new for street use this year. I wanted something waterproof that was really protective but without the track features I don't need on the street, like toe sliders. It was a longer search than I expected, but since I'm doing a lot of work for RevZilla these days, I had access to some expert advice (OK, actually all RevZilla customers have access to their expert advice), and I ended up with the Dainese TRQ-Tour Gore-Tex boots. They're highly protective and waterproof but still reasonably comfortable. I wrote a full review of them here if you want all the details.