2007 CBR1000RR, what's up with these bikes?

jacobhawkins

And those 08's supposedly burned oil. 

Google says they burn oil so they must :D

Think I'm digging myself further in to Tonik's shit list today by being an ornery asshole :lol:

Edited by Bad324

Google says they burn oil so they must :D

Think I'm digging myself further in to Tonik's shit list today by being an ornery asshole :lol:

Let me check the shit list. Nope, you are not on it. Since I am checking, let me check the OR Cavs Extravaganza invite list. Nope, you sure as shit aint on that either.

Well fuck.  It cranked real slow before I bought it.  Switched batteries with one from a new Super Tenere, started/ran fine.  Put old battery back in to take home, assuming it was low.  Charged it overnight.  Cranks really slow, doesn't start.  Swap batteries with the guy again for another spare one he had at the shop, same deal.  Cranks really really slow, doesn't start.  Try to start with it from a jump off another bike at home, cranks faster, but still no start.  

Attempted bump start in 2nd and 3rd, no go.

Rectifier/stator shouldn't affect this.  I'm looking at a brand new battery and plugs tomorrow.  Don't know how to check the starter power yet, that's on the to research list.  

At least it's winter!  haha  The track plastics are off and I'll be looking to get the street stuff on this weekend if the damn thing will fire up.

Jacob, Not very PC for you to be riding in your area with cigarette company pasted on your bike. :-)

Missed you today riding, It was 60 deg. Good luck with the new bike. Great choice.

Believe me, it sucked listening to everybody cruise up 315 and High while I was screwing around with a multimeter in the garage.  Tomorrow is supposed to be 48!  Wanna ride??  haha