unOFFICIAL Epic Ride 2016 - POSTPONED TO RAINDATE SUNDAY, May 22, 2016

DerekClouser

No. It's when I buy the ride shirt. When I show up and buy one on the spot, like in years past, then I catch the rain gods by surprise. Ordering the shirt, like I did this year, gives them sufficient warning to stir up some shitty weather.

So I can't buy 'em anymore. Such a shame. If someone were to - by accident - get two, I'd buy one off 'em. But hey what are the chances of that? Prolly never happen. Did I mention I'm an XL?

Looking at the Radar, I imagine most of this will have already PASSED by the Epic Ride area 6am in the morning.  Only small "Popup" or "Popcorn" showers might develop during the ride, which those I have no problem dealing with. I just dont leave the house knowing its POURING RAIN with a thunderstorm system the size of TEXAS looming overhead all day! :)

I plan on waking up at 4AM. Leaving my house bout 4:45am!   I will check the Radar and this forum 4:30am tomorrow morning and make my Final call then!

I would vote that this Ride happens tomorrow & do another for those that Only want to ride Sunday.

Edited by Scorpion-Ninja

3 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

I'm here guys and studying the weather

I believe the next major update will be 12AM when NWS issues model corrections.  Have seen the weather change completely opposite, but looking at the radar rain is eminent.

Light rain is not so much a worry for me, it's the 50-62 degree temps.  Cold and wet is miserable.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Scorpion-Ninja said:

check the Radar and this forum 4:30am tomorrow morning

I suggest checking the forum several times on the way down. Last fall we had a last minute cancel because of weather.

I've talked with several people about the decision.  

I think it's in the best interest as a whole to postpone the ride until Sunday.  

To anyone who is unable to make it Sunday and want to bear the weather tomorrow, I encourage you guys to post up and maybe a group of you can still meet up and ride.   Hopefully to the rest, I look forward to seeing you guys on Sunday.  It has a chance of rain Sunday afternoon, but Saturday night and Sunday morning are clear and the roads will be dry and we can have a great ride!! 

Look forward to seeing you gentleman (and ladies) on Sunday!!

Sorry to any who maybe inconvenienced by this.  Please post up if you still plan on attending on Sunday as I am still arranging a grille and food, etc.