POSTPONED TO RAINDATE!!! unOFFICIAL FALL 2016 EPIC RIDE - SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2016

DerekClouser

Group You'd like to Ride in  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Please select the group you want to ride in

• Fast
    • MED-Fast
    • MED
    • MED-Slow
    • Slow
    • I'd LEAD the group I selected
    • I'd SWEEP the group I selected
    • Tonik's Hate Group

4 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I was going to offer to lead Tonik's group, but as of today, I'm officially out of this ride. See you guys in the spring, hopefully.

:popo:  Speed safely! 

Wth what happened? Extreme north Easters are a rare breed you can't  :( 

7 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I was going to offer to lead Tonik's group, but as of today, I'm officially out of this ride. See you guys in the spring, hopefully.

:popo:  Speed safely! 

da fuq? I'm never gonna get these straps to you at this rate.

Logan area isn't showing any rain until later afternoon ( post 3pm ) so I'd say we're good.  I don't care if it rains on my way home.  And once we're in the valleys and tree canopied backroads, the heat wont be nearly as bad

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, whaler said:

Derek usually waits until 8-9PM Friday just to make sure the updated model does not change the forecast.

poor guys is always on the spot every year. At this rate he will be ready for presidency once we gone through 20 epic rides. Can be coincidence if it happened twice, but when it happens almost every time i tell you its a funny joke from weather gods 

I always wait until late Friday to make the final decision.  I always lean towards Saturday since most make plans to accommodate Saturday and I try to avoid the cancellation.  Although, if it's going to be wet, for everyone's safety I won't hesitate to move to Sunday.   That final call will be made on Friday though.   

In this situation, if the ride is moved to Sunday, I likely wouldn't be able to make it.  That won't stop me from moving the ride though if needed. 

11 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

I always wait until late Friday to make the final decision.  I always lean towards Saturday since most make plans to accommodate Saturday and I try to avoid the cancellation.  Although, if it's going to be wet, for everyone's safety I won't hesitate to move to Sunday.   That final call will be made on Friday though.  

In this situation, if the ride is moved to Sunday, I likely wouldn't be able to make it.  That won't stop me from moving the ride though if needed.

Derek will u wait till night to make the call or will u make it before afternoon? Just asking as I was planning to ride down Friday afternoon if I am able to wrap up work early enough. If shifted I will just ride down Saturday, making it two day trip to do some extreme south roads which I never been on.

3 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Derek will u wait till night to make the call or will u make it before afternoon? Just asking as I was planning to ride down Friday afternoon if I am able to wrap up work early enough. If shifted I will just ride down Saturday, making it two day trip to do some extreme south roads which I never been on.

Will depend on the rain chances.... if it's questionable I'll likely wait... if its like no rain or rain all day, I'll make that call earlier.

Okay guys... mother nature is a bear and is forcing my hand.  We will have to POSTPONE UNTIL SUNDAY SEPT. 11, 2016.   

Thunderstorms are up to about 60% from 2-6 and that's just no fun and would be a complete drag.  Plus Sunday looks fantastic.  

All the details remain the same, except the date.  I've also worked my schedule around to also still be able to attend when I didn't think I was going to be able too.  

• Upvote 2

• Casper unpinned this topic