POSTPONED TO RAINDATE!!! unOFFICIAL FALL 2016 EPIC RIDE - SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2016

DerekClouser

Group You'd like to Ride in  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Please select the group you want to ride in

• Fast
    • MED-Fast
    • MED
    • MED-Slow
    • Slow
    • I'd LEAD the group I selected
    • I'd SWEEP the group I selected
    • Tonik's Hate Group

3 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Back on Topic.  Another donation from @ricer1 and my girlfriend being off, means that we should have food provided again at the parking lot at the end of the ride.  

Awesome.  You just saved Millstone BBQ from being over run

11 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

Back on Topic.  Another donation from @ricer1 and my girlfriend being off, means that we should have food provided again at the parking lot at the end of the ride.

Hey you were supposed to keep it easy on yourself and family. Don't make her do it, ... but on a side note if by the 10th annual epic ride she still brings food u better marry her. :D

we still meeting in the parking lot of the logan mall right? Any location u planning to set up food?

18 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Hey you were supposed to keep it easy on yourself and family. Don't make her do it, ... but on a side note if by the 10th annual epic ride she still brings food u better marry her. :D

we still meeting in the parking lot of the logan mall right? Any location u planning to set up food?

Yea, we will be doing the food inside the parking lot at the end.  I'll just make sure she understands to be off to the side as to not obstruct any actual business that the parking lot is actually intended for. 

And yes, we are meeting in the Logan Parking lot like previous years. 

20 minutes ago, drc32-0 said:

I just got back from California a couple days ago so I don't know anything about 668.I'll go over and check it out tonight.

ur just making this an excuse to go ride right after a glorious week in cali :D  welcome back D, come epic ride - we still have to meet. If group ride is not your thing just meet and greet and scoot before ride.

On August 31, 2016 at 9:24 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

GoogleMaps says OH-668 is closed south of I-70. Not sure how accurate that is, but northerners should take a peek. 

As of yesterday 668 is open all the way from I-70 to 93.They are patching and paving  from I-70 to Junction City,but there are no indications that it will be closing.The best part of 668,Junction City to 93,is still in very good condition.

• Upvote 2

I have to lead a adventure ride on Saturday with the Wailin Wayne Event so i will miss this great Epic Ride event. Sorry Jschaf would have been nice to ride with you again.

I will video recon this Epic route in the morning Tuesday 9/6/16 and check conditions. It's the least I can do for the cause. Have fun and stay safe.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Calling Millstone today to see about catering.  Might be easier.  Should I look at delivery or just everyone heading there at the end and sitting down/eating??

Just head there is my vote, extreme east sider like me have close to 5 hr ride to get back so might have to pull off early skipping dinner as daylight is in ration during September. :( Don't put more stress on your self Derek, just enjoy the day without much head ache. Also good decision to not carrying the food down :) 

• Upvote 1

I just like the idea that newer members to the forum have the ability to come to a ride and meet people.  I know it can be hard for new members to approach the 'clique' and get engaged and I think food kind of helps with that barrier, which is why I like it.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

I just like the idea that newer members to the forum have the ability to come to a ride and meet people.  I know it can be hard for new members to approach the 'clique' and get engaged and I think food kind of helps with that barrier, which is why I like it.  

Agreed, but Millstone isn't very receptive to groups over 12 just showing up.  We did this to them a season or 2 ago and it was a scramble for them, especially at dinner time on a weekend.  If we can get a fairly accurate idea of how many will eat there, it would be considerate to call a day before

17 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Good point, may be just keeping it simple and grab something from the Dairy Queen or Wendy in bulk (the one right there in the lot) and stand around and munch and talk, very informal and easier to mingle and faster overall? 

10 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

Agreed, but Millstone isn't very receptive to groups over 12 just showing up.  We did this to them a season or 2 ago and it was a scramble for them, especially at dinner time on a weekend.  If we can get a fairly accurate idea of how many will eat there, it would be considerate to call a day before

Ah didn't think about that,

hard to find a place which can take such a large group in short notice I guess. And to call ahead will be hard as no guarantee or guesstimate on how many will stop for dinner. 

14 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

Yea, calling them today to get all the details..

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Just call them and let them know a gaggle of riders will be arriving sometime between whenever and whenever. It's a BBQ joint. Making an effort to prepare them is a fine idea, but it's a BBQ joint. You don't need an exact reservation. 

Don't believe they accept actual reservations, but a heads up would be a solid

• Upvote 1

EPIC Route, Today, 56 just after Coonville has road work short delay one lane controlled by temp light.

668 North of Junction City has ongoing road work with one lane controlled by a flag man. Long wait on hot asphalt.

Recon-00-00-00-000.jpg

• Upvote 3

• Casper unpinned this topic