POSTPONED TO RAINDATE!!! unOFFICIAL FALL 2016 EPIC RIDE - SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2016

DerekClouser

Group You'd like to Ride in  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Please select the group you want to ride in

• Fast
    • MED-Fast
    • MED
    • MED-Slow
    • Slow
    • I'd LEAD the group I selected
    • I'd SWEEP the group I selected
    • Tonik's Hate Group

I think I'll do this if nobody minds a newbie signing up at the last minute. I haven't been following this because I was planning on the Saturday evening track day at Mid-Oh.

This would be my first OR ride but I've done plenty of group rides before, including the occasional CORE ride back in the day. Med or Med-Fast would suit me fine if they aren't too full already.

2 hours ago, max power said:

Where are you staying?  I'm not far and Marlboro man is staying at the fishing shack in Beverly tonight. 

Got a room in Athens for now as I was drained by evening in this heat, wanted to make it all the way back to Logan. U coming tomorrow? 

20 minutes ago, wingman44 said:

I think I'll do this if nobody minds a newbie signing up at the last minute. I haven't been following this because I was planning on the Saturday evening track day at Mid-Oh.

This would be my first OR ride but I've done plenty of group rides before, including the occasional CORE ride back in the day. Med or Med-Fast would suit me fine if they aren't too full already.

Will be nice to meet you. There will be plenty on spots to squeeze in,  no issues with speed as well if you been riding core :) 

Edited by NinjaDoc

3 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Will be nice to meet you. There will be plenty on spots to squeeze in,  no issues with speed as well if you been riding core :) qq

Cool! My only issue is I tweaked my hand at work this past week and it's still a little sore. I might have to bail and slab it back home if it starts hurting too bad

39 minutes ago, wingman44 said:

Cool! My only issue is I tweaked my hand at work this past week and it's still a little sore. I might have to bail and slab it back home if it starts hurting too bad

Aye, you should be fine. We can trade war stories at the met, but I'm riding with a very sore Left knee. pain/soreness/tingling/numbness in my Left hand (been so for the last year). I wont let that get in the way of my riding!

Some days the soreness/pain is less, some days its more than normal. Just happens with age! I just hope that all that does NOT get so bad that I cannot RIDE when I'm in my 50,60,70's!!! :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, max power said:

Wife is off tomorrow so it looks like I'll be 2 up pushing me back to medium group I'm guessing. 

Better be here to see this. Her riding anymore is like a unicorn sighting. 

Hi, and I feel ya man. My GF hardly ever rides 2UP on back anymore! Time for me to get a ZX10R. lol :D

41 minutes ago, marlboro man said:

Coming from the dirty north should be at the meet up point

Finally get to meet yea :) 

few more frequent flyers from OR and pretty much have a face to screen name on all

even if not for this ride, ride some where coz the day is just too beautiful 

Home with180 mi on the clock. I'm sure I win the least mile award. 

Can an we do name tags next time?

I didn't say hi to what and didn't even realize my ol buddy Tom (strictly street) was the dude on the GPz.

Every time we do one of these things I realize who people are well after the event. 

• Upvote 1

I'm home and finished dinner. Max - you can have the award. :)

The ride and the weather were GORGEOUS!  While I'm sorry that some of you had to drop out, and I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow, it seems like an excellent decision to have postponed. 

Thank you for coordinating this, Derek.

Chris

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, max power said:

Home with180 mi on the clock. I'm sure I win the least mile award. 

Can an we do name tags next time?

I didn't say hi to what and didn't even realize my ol buddy Tom (strictly street) was the dude on the GPz.

Every time we do one of these things I realize who people are well after the event. 

It was fun chasing you up 33 :)  Kinda tough to tell who is who with a helmet on.

I missed ridding back with the Dayton group. Got into the double circles and lost sight of them, thought they went up 33. Afterwards remembered they did 33a. Ah well, still a great day for a ride.

Any news on on the triumph that went down? Hope the guy is ok. From the talk he went down pretty hard.

• Casper unpinned this topic