POSTPONED TO RAINDATE!!! unOFFICIAL FALL 2016 EPIC RIDE - SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2016

DerekClouser

Group You'd like to Ride in  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Please select the group you want to ride in

• Fast
    • MED-Fast
    • MED
    • MED-Slow
    • Slow
    • I'd LEAD the group I selected
    • I'd SWEEP the group I selected
    • Tonik's Hate Group

4 minutes ago, whaler said:

No mysterious about what group you will ride...

I plan on bringing a friend and I am not one to just bring someone and not be responsible for them. He is not ready for fast group pace for sure. He isnt a slouch but has never ridden roads like this before and they are a completely different ballgame than what he thinks are roads. I was thinking about possibly planting us 2 at the back of med-fast so I could sweep him. Or just joining the hate parade and just having a nice ride. Havent decided yet.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Isaac's Papa said:

We do the route backward and flip the bird to any/all motorcycles that come at us, bro!

Yes, if you crash we will still give you the finger. It's been done this way since the beginning. It shall continue until the end. 

My scooter is crashproof. (That's what they told me when they installed the training wheels anyways?)  I support sticking with traditions!  

2 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

@TimTheAzn The HP doesn't roll slow. You'll be fine, but it could get intense for your buddy. Better to leave him with Snot or the Med-Slow group if he's not familiar with southern Ohio roads. She'll know if he's in over his head and he can sit tight until the next group rolls in and jump in that group. 

We don't blister tires, but Jim holds a solid pace. 

I'm just thinking back to my first ride in SEO. It was a near overwhelming experience. 

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'm just thinking back to my first ride in SEO. It was a near overwhelming experience.

Was it with us? where Jerry was seeping you ? people were crashing left and right don't blame you if that was the ride. Jerry told me this kid gonna be a great rider one day since you rode with a very mature lvl head.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Was it with us? where Jerry was seeping you ? people were crashing left and right don't blame you if that was the ride. Jerry told me this kid gonna be a great rider one day since you rode with a very mature lvl head.

Yes. That was the day Sam went down on his TL I believe. You still had the VFR. Jerry swept me on the hawk and I believe gasser did some sweeping of me too that day.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that remembers that ride. It's important to me since that was the day I "knew" what I wanted to do and that I had/have a lot of work to do.

I remember you talking to me and saying that all of that comes with just more twisty miles. So thats exactly what I went out and did on my own.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 2

Woooooooo

I am officially In :D got my schedule and had to make deals with other folks ending up doing two weekends just to get this one off. And don't have to answer calls too (i think :( )which means I can be in no range zone without worry   Now hope its gonna be a no rain fair weather day or else this gamble gonna back fire like a Harley on curry.

This time personal goals

1) plan to finish the ride

2) make videos after a loooooooong time

3) not be pressed for time

4) might do it as two day trip and go do some southern most roads that @drc32-0 has been raving about.

If making video I will be running a short cut route intertwined along the main route so I can make it in between groups, park the bike, take pics videos etc.  @DerekClouser     If We are really really short of lead riders with knowledge of the route I can help lead a group, but prefer to do the videos without having to worry about anything else.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I remember that left-handed that got tight at the exit. I checked my mirrors and thought, "Wow, that got tight fast. I hope Sam doesn't..... Yep, there he goes!" 

It was a spectacular low side ride into the ditch. He had his helmet off and a cigarette lit before I turned around to check on him. It was brilliant. Lol

I'm just glad that everyone was alright. I was on my way home by the time that happened.

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

Dammit Nivin, I go bragging on you in another thread then you go and post this shit. WTF?

1 minute ago, Uncle Punk said:

I mentioned that you were able to slay the Midget very well for English not being your native tongue in a different thread. Then you come in here, misspell words and can't capitalize words.

hahaha :lol:

You guys should let me have free pass here. English is just the fourth language I use. Our brain is such a small compartment, no need to tax it and waste space with minor intricacies. Purpose of language is communicating our thoughts and inspiring new thoughts in our mind. :D  Lets use that free space for some thing better, like remembering the corner in 536 which is tricky

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

hahaha :lol:

You guys should let me have free pass here. English is just the fourth language I use. Our brain is such a small compartment, no need to tax it and waste space with minor intricacies. Purpose of language is communicating our thoughts and inspiring new thoughts in our mind. :D  Lets use that free space for some thing better, like remembering the corner in 536 which is tricky

I think I know that corner.  A mile or so in from the north side...inverse, right hander.  Had a rider go down on one of the only group rides I've been on in that corner.  

Thanks for the heads up boys. I've never rode this epic route and I don't believe I've been on 536.  I've rode multiple twisties in SEO so I can't remember if I ever hit 536. 

7 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

If you want people to like you, you need to stop showing off like this.

hehehe

oky English is not my first language, that would have been enough I agree :D  but didn't want to look like a simpleton fool which the grammar spelling Nazis make you feel like. I can bet pauly is currently rummaging through this post to quote some thing and put a  '  to it

@RCBS you got that right, and many victims to that particular one.

Ok I just looked up 536, doubt it's on this epic ride. If memory serves me correct I rode it last year and the pavement sucked, so I was not pushing it all when I rode it. 

2 minutes ago, durk said:

Ok I just looked up 536, doubt it's on this epic ride. If memory serves me correct I rode it last year and the pavement sucked, so I was not pushing it all when I rode it. 

I haven't been on it in two years and it wasn't great then.  I'll go back once they resurface it.  If nothing else, the view before going down the hill to the river is epic (for Ohio anyways).  The tar patches over where they ran the culverts across are my favorite feature.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

This is an oldie and I had one hell of a time finding it with this stupid software.

LOL.  Yeah, she bites.  Our rider that crashed was trying to pace with a DRZ...on a 650 Burgman.  Obvious results are obvious.  Plus side:  The local Township Trustee that came to the scene was super nice, we threw the wadded Burgman into his pickup and drove it down to their firestation where we waited for the recovery vehicle to come pick it up.  Rider suffered some scrapes, bruises (mainly pride) but was somehow nearly unhurt.

Edited by RCBS

22 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

536 hasn't been nice in a decade. :( 

From the way the trustee talked, they like it to be less desirable for motorcyclists.  He told us at least one crash per weekend on the route.  It's a PITA for them.  The responding Lady Sheriff shared the same sentiments.

44 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Nice. Now I HAVE to ride it..because fuck the police. 

If you really want to slight them, toss your bike off one of the corners.  :lol:

Edited by RCBS
Because
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, durk said:

^ nice find. I just hope it's no chip and seal resurfacing as they were doing this year on 26 just outside of Marietta. 

I say we petition against chip sealing roadways in Ohio.  They're a cheap bullshit pseudo-repair tactic that damages vehicles and Harley rider hides.  

• Upvote 1

• Casper unpinned this topic