Fall Gap Trip 2016

Tonik

Got my gloves today and the XL were a perfect fit. I fingers are a bit long but that a problem I have with most gloves, I'm cursed with my mom's short fingers. They are really comfy and more venting than my previous ones. Going to finish packing tonight. 

9 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Are you coming down 60 to 339?  We might be in Beverly around the same time then.

I actually was going to take 146 over to 83 once I was in Zanesville for a little bit of twisty action. I hate that stretch of 60 between Zanesville and McConnelsville. Plus I'm not sure if my exact time to get off work normally I'm off at 3 p.m. but I have to cover a guy for a union meeting friday and potentially have to stay till 4. But if they adjourned the meeting early it's hard telling what time I'll get out of there. 

Edited by 2talltim

So pace-wise, what are people thinking individually? I didn't mind your pace down at the gap this spring, Tonik/Tim.  I would like to grab some nice scenic fall photos throughout the trip though. Anyone else planning on making short stops here and there for some photography/stretch breaks/scenery? 

2 hours ago, what said:

So pace-wise, what are people thinking individually?  I would like to grab some nice scenic fall photos throughout the trip though. Anyone else planning on making short stops here and there for some photography/stretch breaks/scenery? 

Pace, med-slow for me.

650R 2UP with cargo the bike is over weight. Gotta take it easy, the handling and agility/flickability goes to shit . . . Compared to solo riding!

Stopping for Pics n shit most likely. I have NEVER been on a trip like this b4, so I'm down with what the group is for doing!

Edited by Scorpion-Ninja

6 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Looks like Andy (what) and I are meeting 10:30 am in zanesville on Friday. Riding straight through down 83 and then taking Tims google map to beckley

Detour on 83 near Otsego/93..maybe.  Was there Saturday, signs still up saying from 8 to 3 weekdays.  Might be done, dunno.  Post up here if you go that way and find out.   Suggested detour from a new guy that lives in New Concord:

"Little detour for any of you fellas coming down 83 from the north. Pick up sr541 in coshoton heading south it will run right into sr658. 658 dead ends into sr209 you'll hang a right and it'll bring you right back to sr83 a few miles north of New Concord. These are some nice roads and worth taking a detour even when sr83 is open. Adds some miles but a nice ride sr658 and sr209 both freshly paved in last couple of years."

I'm good with what ever pace. If I get a bug up my ass and what to go @Mach Retard Ill pass @Tonik give him the finger and he knows he will see me later on at some point. If some one is a going to be slower than the group i'm sure we'll have times where we will wait up and make sure they are ok. Ive been on these routes many times and not worried about photo ops or sight seeing but I know I don't speak for everyone. This is the main reason why everyone needs to know the routes and have a way to find he hotels on their own. Just incase.

3 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I'm good with what ever pace. If I get a bug up my ass and what to go @Mach Retard Ill pass @Tonik give him the finger and he knows he will see me later on at some point. If some one is a going to be slower than the group i'm sure we'll have times where we will wait up and make sure they are ok. Ive been on these routes many times and not worried about photo ops or sight seeing but I know I don't speak for everyone. This is the main reason why everyone needs to know the routes and have a way to find he hotels on their own. Just incase.

I'll have my gopro running on timed photos too so I doubt I'll need to stop unless we see something super cool. 

45 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I will be running my usual pace except when Tim passes me, then I will go @Mach Retard for a couple of miles just so he knows he ain't shit. Then back to normal. 

show him who has the real fucking race bike.

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

I'll be a little rusty on day one, haven't been out much. Plus we are rolling heavy with luggage full unlike most gap trips where all our shit is back at the cabin. But by day two we'll be on more familiar roads to me and I'll have my groove on by then.  

and it's "Because, Fucking race Bike"

Image result for kawasaki voyager cornering \

he might have to toss out the espresso maker to catch me but then when he catches me we will only have bagels to eat with no coffee. :dunno:

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Here ya go Tim. I had this taken ahead of time so you can remember how the trip looked from your point of view.

Attach3577_20161008_210139.jpg

8 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

and this

5.jpg

Then I guess this will me in the mirror thinking about donuts and trying to figure out if I want a double shot of espresso or a single. 

1383888_10201231021872450_1857834872_n.jpg

• Tonik unpinned this topic