Fall Gap Trip 2016

Tonik

DAMN!!! all these pics are getting me excited. Funny thing about these moto trips. I don't care how many times I've been some place or how often I still get excited like it's my first time. Going to be a long 32 hours.

This is my first time doing a big group ride so I'm not sure my pace. I know I'm not fast, probably more like Med. 

When I ride alone I seldom stop but I don't mind taking some time to see the scenery. Taking breaks will I'm sure improve my comfort by the end of the day. 

Really looking forward to getting on the road Sat morning, not so much the slab to Parkersburg Friday evening.

Craig

16 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Got my gloves today and the XL were a perfect fit. I fingers are a bit long but that a problem I have with most gloves, I'm cursed with my mom's short fingers. They are really comfy and more venting than my previous ones. Going to finish packing tonight. 

Assuming you didn't go the A* route? What did you end up with

22 minutes ago, CBBaron said:

This is my first time doing a big group ride so I'm not sure my pace. I know I'm not fast, probably more like Med.

We did a fairly relaxed pace last year with some more exuberant spurts here and there (though for much of the time it was only three of us). It's not a race and everyone should have the routes so if some want to blast through, they can do so and if some want to take it slower and stop for some snapshots, they can do that as well. We'll all end up in the same spot eventually and it's a big enough group that there will probably always be others with a like-minded pace. Like all the organized rides, no one should be riding at a pace they are uncomfortable with...let's all get there and back without a mishap.

Edited by ScubaCinci
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

Here are directions through town from the turnpike.  Guessing you will come across that.  You need to go my way, regular Nav will take you through downtown where the street is closed and you will be pretty screwed because the streets in Elyria make no sense at all.

There is street parking right where that destination is so you don't have to come on premises if you are carrying a Sena defense system.  My office is right there, I will be geared up and ready to go..sort of.  You will follow me as a co-worker drives me 2 miles to his house..it is on our way...so I can get my bike.  Can't park it here that day as I will have my Sena defense system with me.  So stashing it all in his garage.

216 5 3 6 1 9 6 0

https://goo.gl/maps/SW6NSMPRtr52

EDIT: Actually, I will go get my bike ahead of time and leave it on the street.

Edited by Tonik

24 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

Yes I got the A*, after reading reviews  the SMX-1 were redesigned with more of an American cut. And all the reviews say to order a size smaller than you would normally wear in alpinestars.

20161012_162028.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

5 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Yes I got the A*, after reading reviews  the SMX-1 were redesigned with more of an American cut. And all the reviews say to order a size smaller than you would normally wear in alpinestars.

20161012_162028.jpg

glad they finally change the sizing. My 2X fit fantastic other than the fingers being a tad long but like I said, I've got sausage fingers

4 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'll believe that when my shit turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbet. 

You might be halfway there...never know until you try. I'm pretty sure there are people willing to pay to watch but that's not the way I swing :lol:

Just now, ScubaCinci said:

You might be halfway there...never know until you try. I'm pretty sure there are people willing to pay to watch but that's not the way I swing :lol:

Come on, every damn one of us..including you...would pay to watch Tim eat his own shit.

• Tonik unpinned this topic