Fall Gap Trip 2016

Tonik

7 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Thought I had till spring to replace them.

Yea, I thought I lost my mid temp ones on the Derbycon trip.  Tore my bike apart looking for them, couldn't find them.  So I ordered new ones, they showed up and I went to put them in the bike...and the lost ones were laying right on top.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

All 3 pairs of my A* glove have ripped on at least one of the inner finger seams. Besides longevity, they've done me well.

I went RST this most recent time around.

So if my J.Rockets are xl I should order 2lx in A*?

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

The fit will be fine. I have 2XL and wear an XL in just about every other brand I've had. My A* are hands down my best glove though

25 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

So if my J.Rockets are xl I should order 2lx in A*?

Woops quoted the wrong person the first time. That question was for you Bad

35 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Woops quoted the wrong person the first time. That question was for you Bad

yea order 2x's and you'll be fine. I have fat sausage fingers and they are super comfortable. Mine are still in great shape, used them for many years and many miles of over gripping the bars

I had the same Joe Rocket phoenix gloves in XL too I think.

A* gloves run small IMO. Get at least 1 size bigger than normal. I don't have large hands and I have to wear a 2XL in A* where normally I wear a L/XL in others. Also, my experience is that their quality is no better than anyone elses (except Cortech, I'm done with their stuff). My tourmaster and FirsGear gloves have been great.

7 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

A* gloves run small IMO. Get at least 1 size bigger than normal. I don't have largeup th hands and I have to wear a 2XL in A* where normally I wear a L/XL in others. Also, my experience is that their quality is no better than anyone elses (except Cortech, I'm done with their stuff).. i My tourmaster and FirsGear gloves have been great.

Heres a cold weather tip: (for folks that might not know)

Wear a Rain suit OVER your moto-gear helps Break/Cuts down on the Wind, keeping you warmer in the colder temps!

Unless you got the money and bikes got the extra watts to run Heated Gear through and through!

Edited by Scorpion-Ninja

8 minutes ago, Scorpion-Ninja said:

Like this? :)

3 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Yeah I don't storage space is an issue for me either...

Bitches please, that's marginal storage at best.  I have a coffee maker in the back of mine.

29571499023_023c6236ec_k.jpg

18 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Bitches please, that's marginal storage at best.  I have a coffee maker in the back of mine.

29571499023_023c6236ec_k.jpg

I'd be interested to know what kind of storage capacity you have vs. Justin or Dave. Their bag's look nearly as big? idk.

35 minutes ago, Scorpion-Ninja said:

Heres a cold weather tip: (for folks that might not know)

Wear a Rain suit OVER your moto-gear helps Break/Cuts down on the Wind, keeping you warmer in the colder temps!

Unless you got the money and bikes got the extra watts to run Heated Gear through and through!

This works pretty well. I used do this in the early spring and late fall 

3 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'd be interested to know what kind of storage capacity you have vs. Justin or Dave. Their bag's look nearly as big? idk.

Must be a math thing that is causing that problem for you.  (My Storage) - (Their Storage) = (Not even close). Not going to look up the numbers for you since you can't do the math anyway, but I demo'd the FRJ.  My side bags are at least twice as big, considerably longer, taller and much wider.  Same for the trunk compared to the largest Givi, not twice  the size but certainly a third bigger. And don't forget the two glove boxes I have up front.

Not knocking their bikes, awesome machines. They do many things better than mine does, but hauling around tons of shit isn't one of them.

Oversized rubber dishwashing gloves over your gloves really helps. Industrial glove supply places have other than green and yellow rubber or whatever you can get.  FirstGear used to make some really nice ones that were huge and didn't look totally gay.

58 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

A* gloves run small IMO. Get at least 1 size bigger than normal. I don't have large hands and I have to wear a 2XL in A* where normally I wear a L/XL in others. Also, my experience is that their quality is no better than anyone elses (except Cortech, I'm done with their stuff). My tourmaster and FirsGear gloves have been great.

Im pretty sure Cortech and Tourmaster are the same company. The Cortech Impluse ST gloves also catch my eye.

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Must be a math thing that is causing that problem for you.  (My Storage) - (Their Storage) = (Not even close). Not going to look up the numbers for you since you can't do the math anyway, but I demo'd the FRJ.  My side bags are at least twice as big, considerably longer, taller and much wider.  Same for the trunk compared to the largest Givi, not twice  the size but certainly a third bigger. And don't forget the two glove boxes I have up front.

Not knocking their bikes, awesome machines. They do many things better than mine does, but hauling around tons of shit isn't one of them.

Yea I think my side bags are a little bigger than the FJR and you can damn near put my side bag inside one of yours. Hate Engine > All others on this trip volume wise.

I will lay claim to the other end of the storage spectrum. 2 dry bags and a tank bag mounted on my bike for slightly more than 30L of total space. 

That is probably less than one of Tonic's side bags.

I do have a big Givi topcase I could mount to the rear rack but I am pretty sure I would end up with a broken subframe if it was loaded for this trip.

10 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I stand corrected, Givi does make a 55L top bag, that is a little bigger than mine but I don't think either of you have that one.  That sucker would look weird on your bikes.

Mine is little 39L, wanted a bigger one but when you find a used one that matches your bike for 1/3 the cost you jump on it.

• Tonik unpinned this topic