If you could change one law, what one and why?

Guest infamous me 235

Guest infamous me 235

Just like it says.

If you could change one law, what law would you change and why?

I would change the gambling age to 18 and make gambling legal in Ohio so we can have REAL casions around here. These little poker games aren't doing much for me anymore. I need to step up to the big boys and make some real cash. :cool:

I would raise the speed limit but only for drivers that could pass a course like out at mid ohio and your car would be certified safe and capable to go the extra MPH. The left lane would be for drivers that pass the course and have their vehicle certified, kind of like the carpool lanes out west in AZ and CA. 65 IMO is no diferent than 75-80. Most freeways run at that speed already, the government just wants the revenue.

80MPH is slow. I'd want to see a series of roads where 100MPH and above is the norm. Even my Neon can handle 118MPH at least, where the douchebag computer it uses kicks in and goes "screw you, no faster!" Not like the engine has that much more to give anyway, but still, yeah, raise the damn limits.

i find it funny that the things you wish to change are trivial issues that simply would make your lives more enjoyable for a moment. then you would become used to it and want more. uhm i want to change the law that lets me have more than 2 lollypops teehee.

think deep people thats how you fix this fucking shithole

I would make it a capital crime to abuse a child.

Be is phyical, emotional, or sexual, if you do it you ride the lightning in old sparky. Yeah, I know that they don't use sparky any more but I would get him reinstated for this "special" punishment. Might even let the abused child throw the switch if they wanted to.

Explanation is simple, I have SERIOUS problems with people that hurt kids. Reality is that putting people that hurt kids to death isn't really satisfying enough to me. But somehow, I don't figure that they are gonna let me cut open the chest of an abuser with a power saw and piss on their beating heart. But it would be enough that people would reconsider hurting a child. So make em ride the lightning, I'll make sure to turn off all my electrical stuff to ensure they have plenty of electric to fry there ass.

Now, I don't want anyone thinking that I am one of these soccer mom wanna be's that feel that corpral punishment (paddling) is bad and should be considered abuse. There are times that paddling a childs behind is approperate in my opinion, but knocking your 6 yr old across the room, for ANY reason, is as far as I am concerned, grounds for a beating with a ball bat.

And I don't mean one or two hits, I mean 3 months in traction, eating through a feeding tube sort of a beating. Then went they recover, beat em once more, same way. Not to kill em, just to make DAMN SURE they have a FULL understanding that beating a child is wrong. And doing so has serious repercussions.

I realize this sounds really extreem. But children can be scarred mentally for life, and have no way of defending themselves from an adult.

ANd typically abuse comes from a parent, then one person that a child will trust no matter what and love unconditionally, even after being beaten. A child should NEVER have to endure that betrail.

Originally posted by desperado:

Be is phyical, emotional, or sexual, if you do it you ride the lightning in old sparky. Yeah, I know that they don't use sparky any more but I would get him reinstated for this "special" punishment. Might even let the abused child throw the switch if they wanted to.

Explanation is simple, I have SERIOUS problems with people that hurt kids. Reality is that putting people that hurt kids to death isn't really satisfying enough to me. But somehow, I don't figure that they are gonna let me cut open the chest of an abuser with a power saw and piss on their beating heart. But it would be enough that people would reconsider hurting a child. So make em ride the lightning, I'll make sure to turn off all my electrical stuff to ensure they have plenty of electric to fry there ass.

Now, I don't want anyone thinking that I am one of these soccer mom wanna be's that feel that corpral punishment (paddling) is bad and should be considered abuse. There are times that paddling a childs behind is approperate in my opinion, but knocking your 6 yr old across the room, for ANY reason, is as far as I am concerned, grounds for a beating with a ball bat.

And I don't mean one or two hits, I mean 3 months in traction, eating through a feeding tube sort of a beating. Then went they recover, beat em once more, same way. Not to kill em, just to make DAMN SURE they have a FULL understanding that beating a child is wrong. And doing so has serious repercussions.

I realize this sounds really extreem. But children can be scarred mentally for life, and have no way of defending themselves from an adult.

ANd typically abuse comes from a parent, then one person that a child will trust no matter what and love unconditionally, even after being beaten. A child should NEVER have to endure that betrail.

sounds about right to me.

Originally posted by desperado:

Agreed. It took me finally chasing my father around the house with an aluminum baseball bat to make him cut it out. He never did feel comfortable around me after the fact either.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

Seeing as this is a car forum I don't see anything wrong with looking at the "trivial" car laws.

Front plate law - gone.

That is a pretty douched law. And yeah, free the weed. tongue.gif

Guest jpurdy2003

All interstate highways shall have no speed limit between the hours of 10PM and 6AM.

All municipalities that either have an area of less than five square miles or a population of under 2,000 must be absorbed by the largest adjacent municipality. (This would kill the numerous New Rome clones throughout the state, we have several near cleveland)

Originally posted by Crooked Edge Lovecore:

All interstate highways shall have no speed limit between the hours of 10PM and 6AM.

All municipalities that either have an area of less than five square miles or a population of under 2,000 must be absorbed by the largest adjacent municipality. (This would kill the numerous New Rome clones throughout the state, we have several near cleveland)

Like Ottowa (snottowa) hills, where it's a tiny ass chunk of Toledo that has money, and thus, doesn't want to associate with Toledo even though the people are just as nasty (attitude, and looks wise) but with money, and where the cops pull people over for going 1 mile over the limit if they aren't in a Lexus?

Guest stvbreal
Originally posted by Big Slick AK:

Just like it says.

If you could change one law, what law would you change and why?

I would change the gambling age to 18 and make gambling legal in Ohio so we can have REAL casions around here. These little poker games aren't doing much for me anymore. I need to step up to the big boys and make some real cash. :cool:

Wow. I've been quoted in a sig. I'm flattered. :D

Well, one law I would change is imprisoning people for posession of drugs. You got people in prison with rapist and murderers doing just as much time for posession of a drug. Maybe drug rehabilitation or house arrest would be better.

i would make it a law agains being unreasonably fat, and i dont mean thick, or heavy, or chubby, i mean the ppl you see at the local grocery stores who cant walk and have to use the little amigos to drive around and park in the handy cap spots becouse they cant walk more then 20 feet without taking a breather

i have to deal with the public, and this sight just pisses me off, if you weigh 400+ lbs, then there is something wrong with your lifestyle, i see no reason why someone should ever be that fat, it should be "sight polution", who can honestly say that they want to see joe shmoe in public who smells like shit cuz he cant take a bath becouse he cant fit in the damned thing

i understand that some ppl are hereditarily obese, or large, and thats fine, but when your too lazy to take care of yourself that should be a crime, it sickens me to see ppl who cant even wear real cloths and have to wear sweats or moo-moos in public

if it were up to me id say make a 1 cent tax that would take the money and start an organization or foundation or somthing that required these ppl to attend to teach them how to eat right and exercise...

I don't hate the obese, but I find it pretty depressing to see someone let themselves get that way because unless they have some metabolism problem, that really is a choice. You have to choose not to stop eating when you have had enough (I know this can be a hard choice for some people. It's a hard choice for me too, but I deal.), and you choose not to go out and be active. When you're obese, the clothes you can wear all suck, people treat you like shit because you aren't attractive to look at, you can't get around properly, and it's gonna dramatically shorten your life. I just don't get it.