What is "fast" in your book?

coltboostin

I am quoting myself from a different thread. I think it is an interesting question, and wanted to see what everyone's personal view of fas is.

As for whats a fast street car- let me look in my black book.

0-100mph:if your not NA or slower than stock kill yourself

100-110: respectable 4-6cyl, better have no power adders if your a v8.

110-120: Quick, will win most of the races you get in to.

120-130: Fast street car, probably the shit in your area,and have some nutswingers

130+ : The Elite. Beat bikes, hurt egos, take that money meing. .01% of car

enthusiest

Bikes-Traps slower than 130, its not worth riding, and I dont give a shit how well it

turns.

Fire away.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8.00's or lower in the 1/4 mile. I have been around 4 and 8 Second cars since I was born, and driven the Camaro plenty of times, that going anything slower that 8.00 @160 isn't all that impressive.

The bike keeps me mildly satisfied, it will run 10's all day, and I have fun with it racing other bikes and some of the faster cars in the area.

For a full interior, full frame, no caged street car, 110 traps is a respectable speed. Everything is relative, however.

I would agree.

110-120mph is pretty crazy and would win most races especially for a 4cyl. Most everyday driven full interior cars are not going to be capable of more than that without race gas or something crazy. If you have a ton of cash than a c6 will do that reliable as well as some other select cars.

But how many people are even in that range on this site? I assume not many...

Fast to me isnt so much a speed indicated on a radar or in the traps at a track. Fast is when every fiber in your being tell you "SLOW THE FUCK DOWN" + 10 mph. It is relative to what you are in, and where you are.

For actual numbers, if so desired, anything over 130 in a car is fast, bikes about 140ish. In a truck with 85,000 lbs on the trailer, 80 is quite an experiance. Bouncing a car off you bumper at that speed because he tried to cut you off on the Tikrit bypass = priceless.

8.00's or lower in the 1/4 mile. I have been around 4 and 8 Second cars since I was born, and driven the Camaro plenty of times, that going anything slower that 8.00 @160 isn't all that impressive.

The bike keeps me mildly satisfied, it will run 10's all day, and I have fun with it racing other bikes and some of the faster cars in the area.

Street cars? Really.

You were aware this discussion is about street cars right? Trailer queens are a fun as Bukaki soup.

Are you sure you know what your talking about? Im not getting on your ass, just a clarifiaction. 140-145mph traps in an A4=700+whp, even if it is lightened!

Unless this is some Baverian C-bus beast I dont know about.

He has no clue what he is talking about. please pay him no attention. I mean his SN has a car it in he hopes to own someday, but has had non nor currently has any connection to, or any means of owning.

Are you sure you know what your talking about? Im not getting on your ass, just a clarifiaction. 140-145mph traps in an A4=700+whp, even if it is lightened!

Unless this is some Baverian C-bus beast I dont know about.

He thought "trap speed" meant top speed....

silly ricers.

to me it really depends where you are. if you go to a big street racing city, like chicago, new york, the big cities in texas, it is going to be hard to beat anyone if you aren't in the low 10s high 9s, around here(in marion, my mach is pretty fast compared to most of the shit from around here and it's stock. don't get me wrong there are a couple of very nice very fast cars around) in columbus it is a little different. i mean, look at the old fastest 50 or 25 times list. if you weren't in the top 10-15 you were probably running 12s or slower.

if someone were to ask me what is fast enough, i would say i am very satisfied with my new thunderbird. it's a full drag car that goes mid 8s at 160. and i wouldn't want to go any faster in it. and i especially wouldn't want to go faster than that in a street car. it would just be too much worry/hassle for me.

If you are talking the top-dog "Street" classes, you better have a thick pocket book and be well into the 6's at 200MPH+. Sure they aren't really all that streetable, but still raced in street classes.

IMO, a street car is something that is seriously driven on the street, not something that is only trailered but runs DOT tires. Heat/AC don't really matter. At least most of an interior needs to be there. Cage shouldn't have any bearing on a car being a street car or not.

IMO fast is 9's at 135+ MPH. Freaking fast is 8's at 150+MPH (talking street cars that fit my loose definition). 7's or better is insane. 10's @ 125+ MPH is quick, 11's at 115+ is pretty quick, 12's at whatever is alright. 13's is ehhh, 14's is you need mods, 15's and slower....get the fawk off the track, you are taking up valuable space.

13's is ehhh, 14's is you need mods, 15's and slower....get the fawk off the track, you are taking up valuable space.

Sweet, I made it to your "ehhh class" :).

However, I'm FWD, so I'm probably in your "get the fawk off the track class"....

I dont care if my car's fast or not to be honest.. I just enjoy driving it and I suppose that's all that matters to me until one day I feel the need to own a "fast" car... but anyways, that's not what I really wanted to post about. What I wanted to know was what kinda speed would I be trapping if my car ran mid 15's? from what I read my car, fully loaded(PS and Full interior etc), will run a mid 15 stock. Looking at your guys judgements of a fast car I know my car isn't even close to being fast.. just curious what I would be trapping. I actually wanted to get out to trails or somewhere else just for the hell of it, but never got the chance.

Street cars? Really.

You were aware this discussion is about street cars right? Trailer queens are a fun as Bukaki soup.

The question was what do I consider fast. And I told you. A trailer queen would be a car you trailer around the streets on the weekends looking for races. Columbus police would be pretty pissed is I showed up at hooters with our old Alcohol Funny Car and tried to race people.

Sure a street car that traps 130+ is fast, but that is for a street car. But I am takin in account all cars, and since my family has a deep history in the NHRA Fast to me, is 7 seconds and lower.

sooo I guess to better answer you question, I consider prolly 130+ a pretty quick street car, but there are more and more of them every year.... It is not going to stay as L33T as it is for long.