Do you use your turn signal?

Mojoe

Do you use your turn signals?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use your turn signals?

• Always
    • I usually make an honest attempt
    • Only if I have to

Communication plays a roll in everything we do. The best way to communicate on the road is with our turn signal to LET THE OTHER DRIVERS KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO. I'm writing this because I am on the road often, about 20,000 miles a year. The one thing I see all of the time is people not using their turn signal. I often see people get cut off and have it happen to me frequently. Even if I get cut off and the person used their signal, I'm not as mad. It's not that it's ok, I just don't mind as much. I knew to look for it. I've had the RX7 on the road for only a few months’ this year. In that time, I have almost lost the car to being hit about 2/3 of the time I've had it out. All have been in normal driving and at the speed limit. The reason for this post is in hopes that with all the members we have here, that we can remind people to use the turn signal. I would love to remind them by shooting their car with a paint ball. But, we know that will just cause other issues. I hope everyone here uses their signal and will tell people they ride with to do the same. Not just because it's the law, but it really is common sense.

If a mod could attach a poll to this, I like to see who does and does not use their signal. And also a "sometimes I use it".

A cookie for who ever finds the link with the exact write up on use of turn signals for passenger cars.

Hell, I even use mine in a parking lot out of habit. Drives me crazy, too. One of my fav's is when you're waiting to pull out in the road and someone makes a left in the same driveway without a turn signal and by the time you figure out what they're doing, traffic is on its way and you're stuck there waiting some more.

iirc, you're supposed to use it 100ft before a turn. Not sure about lane changes but yeah people used to really piss me off back in Ohio.. I forgot about how mad I used to get with that.

I know it to tell someone, but can't find it in a link.

Thanks for supporting my poll Brian. LOL :)

Chocolate chip, bitch!

Page 4:

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/pdf_forms/HSY-7508.pdf

I'll still give you your cookie; however, more specially, I'm looking for lane changing and turn signal. I would like to see the revised code. I have called the BMV and searched for quite sometime this morning, with no get results. The BMV told me to look at the bicycle laws. Can't really remember the last time I saw a bicycle on the freeway.I believe this is where we run into the biggest issues, is the freeway.

usually do. I drive about 30k year all along the east coast from NY to DC and in the midwest. learned to use my horn more than ever expected. signals...most of the time, unless I'm cruising on the highway and there are no cars close, then I may just move over. in traffic though, I at least give the courtesy "2 blink I'm on my way over" watch out, if I'm in the heat of the city. rule is whoever's nose is in the lead, gets the win.....

ya gotta love watching cops and seeing the dumb asses that run from the police and use their signals while being chased :rolleyes: ....honest sir, there are no drugs that I know of in the car....no wait...those aren't mine....I swear.....I don't know who put them up my butt! :o

Years ago, I never used my signal. At some point, I changed that viewpoint drastically and now make every attempt to do so. Also, like someone else mentioned, I get pissed when other people don't - especially in those instances when others are particularly dependent upon a signal (e.g., you're waiting to turn right, there's a car coming from your left and you're waiting for them to pass, only to have them turn right without a signal, thereby juking you).

It's not that hard to do. I hope some of you are joking with your , fuck you I'm coming through, approach. Why is it even worth the trouble of all the bad possibilities? I know we all have our risks that we take on the road. And most all of us have raced on public roads at one time. I'm not trying to say one is better than the other, but it's just such a simple thing to do.

I use it out of habit. Most of the time I don't even think out it I just do. The worst is when you are at a light and the person across from you wants to turn left(your right) and you want to turn left and they don't use their turn signal so you are waiting for them to go straight and they turn. That happens at least twice a week on my way to school and it pisses me off every time.