do you really like your job??

88lx5oh

i do.. with the perks i get i love it.

we get special incentives for keeping quality up, in the form of like scratch off tickets valued form $2 - $20. they add up quick too.

today i went over to our service center and spent a little over $100 and bought some supplies. oil, filters, plugs, cleaners, carb cleaner, etc etc.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/hoblick/S4300031-2.jpg

all free, because of these incentives. i have accumulated over $1000 since january. i can use them to pretty much get anything for a honda auto or powersports, tires included. plus t shirts, watches, auto detailing supplies. anything. i love it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get 10% on all Kroger products. I hate my job.

HA, kroger warehouse I take it? God i hated all 3 years i spent in the damned place.

considering what my previous jobs were, i love my current job. Then again I have a cool boss and that can make or break a corporate job.

HA' date=' kroger warehouse I take it? God i hated all 3 years i spent in the damned place.[/quote']

nope, peon. stocking shampoo, tampons, candy, random bs categorized as "General Merchandise". I'm up to 2 years now and my dad's at 30-some at corporate. My mom retired recently with 30 years too as a higher-level in-store manager.

Yeah, I like mine as well. I'm part owner of a small, startup medical software company. I just wrote an application that a major healthcare company is going to resell, then hopefully buy from us. I'll start getting bonuses from that, and obviously paid a good chunk of change if/when the company sells that part of our business. Needless to say, I hope to retire on that within the next couple of years... :cool:

My job is ok but my responsibilities are split into 2 things. 20 hours a week I write and maintain knowledge databases. I like this because I enjoy writing to no end. The rest of the week is taking phone calls on a help desk. No one really likes taking calls, unless you are mildly insane. I don't get any fancy benefits or free stuff from my job, but it pays for my house and my cars. Thats all I really need anyway.

I have 2 jobs that I get paid for separate for the same place. One is doing general purpose building maintenance, the other is network and server administration. Its great because I can take off whenever I want, and everybody is awesome that I work with. I just wish I made a little more than I do, it makes it sort of hard to save money.

I gather assloads of frequent flier miles, hotel points, car rental points, and Amex points.

I have a free car that has gas, insurance, maintenance all paid for. It's also for personal use and wife use when I'm not driving it.

My personal cell is now paid for. My WOW is paid for. All office supplies are covered, as well as car washes and detailing supplies, my non-OEM combat boots, clothing, the list goes on.

I get to see many places and things most people won't ever see, and get free items from places to boot.

Primedia magazine plant, that also does People, Consumer Reports, Popular Mechanics, etc. I have issues not released for another couple of months.

Gatorade/Propel plant. All you can drink provided in strategically placed refrigerators.

Nestle plant. Candy, Stouffers TV dinners, etc.

That's just a handful, not mentioning places like the Ford Manufacturing plant, Federal-Mogul, Energizer....

I have weekends off, pretty much make my own hours, work as much OT as I can possibly want (BY CHOICE!), and generally see some nice places both as a facility or a city (Claremont, North Carolina for instance).

I can honestly say that I love my job, I look forward to a new day, and enjoy what I do immensely. This may be that one that I will stick with and make a career from :)