V8 Beast

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete list of mods for the other setup:

2.8 upper pulley- $85

JLT CAI- $215

Bassani x-pipe/cat back- $695 (exhaust was done when I got the car)

RWTD tune- $75

BAP (thanks Tilley)- $75

Basic EFI NX kit- $500

Gen-X 2- $350

Total- $1995 including exhaust 1300 without

Unknown stock power. Dynoed on the poor pig rich RWTD tune at 550whp 650wtq. That's an increase from the typical ~360whp of 190hp and 290tq.

$10.5 for each added hp

$6.87 for each added ft lb.

Hey Bill, have you noticed that its hard to get LS1 blocks above 460rwhp on motor? What's the most power you have seen an LS1 put down with a stock crank/ factory 346ci?

I've seen a few high 430's and low 440's and they didn't have all the mods yet. I haven't personally seen any 460+ RWHP, but there are a few on the LS1tech with AVERAGE cams that make 460+ RWHP without any N20.

It's all about the perfect combo, which isn't cheap!

Purchase price (back in 98) - $14,900

Engine swap - $1000 (give or take a few $).

Trans - $1700 the first time, $1200 the next

Cam (with gaskets and such) - $500

slicks - $200 with rims

pulley setup - $100ish

intake - $50

Bunch of other junk (around $1000 total, don't feel like listing it all)

Should be high 12's or so at Norwalk in a few weeks.

Dsm. Buy a 1g for 3500 bucks, add a bolt on forced performance turbo, external wastegate, injectors, fuel system, fuel pump, fmic, dsmlink, and an act 2600/2900 and you can be real close to 10's for less than 12,000 dollars. Build the engine and replace the stock manifold and bolt on turbo with a tubular manifold and full garrett and you're in the tens quite solidly.

I've seen a few high 430's and low 440's and they didn't have all the mods yet. I haven't personally seen any 460+ RWHP, but there are a few on the LS1tech with AVERAGE cams that make 460+ RWHP without any N20.

It's all about the perfect combo, which isn't cheap!

The new trick flow heads ported fast 90/90 and electric water pump cars are making right around 500rwhp on stock bottom end ls1 cars.

i have around 10k in my camaro.

trans 1600

spray 1000

H/C intake oil pump and lot of other things 4600

Hood 1000

wheels 200

DS 500

rear end 1000

clutch 500

bolton 1100

Used parts - (thanks Wease)

No problem. :)

I'll do three of my cars I've had, try to remember what everything cost:

2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula WS6 - $23K in 2001

Lid - $100

LS6 intake - $300

Cam, springs, and pushrods - $500

Headers - $500

Wires - $50

ASP underdrive pulley - $100

GMMG exhaust - $500

Off road Y-pipe - $100

True duals (removed GMMG and y-pipe and sold it) - $250

Shifter - $150

LCA's - $100

Tune/Dyno - $300

Rims/tires (still have tires, will use for the Cobra) - $1000

Shift light - $50

Drag radials and rims - $200

Dyno'd 383 / 383, ran 12.0 @ 116 before I broke the stock rear. I could have put the $2000 rear end in here, but I never ran the car with that rear.

So for Around $26K, (minus the rims/tires, they were for street only and using the true duals) I ran and dyno'd those numbers. :)

1986 Ford Mustang GT - $3800 in 2005

Flowmaster catback - $250

Off road h-pipe - $100

Pro 5.0 shifter - $150

Underdrive pullies - $80

3.73 gears plus install - $250

Drag radials and rims - $50

Dyno'd 199 / 271 and ran 14.2 @95. Not bad for like $4600. Looks good and sounds great. And I've never seen a Four Eye on the road that looks as good as mine. So that makes me feel good. :cool:

2003 Ford Mustang Cobra - $25K in 2006

It came with an Amazon CAI, so I didn't have to do that. I've only done:

Mac 3" catback - $400

MGW shifter - $200

With just those two performance mods (CAI and catback), it dyno'd 433 / 402. I haven't taken it to the track yet, maybe sometime this year I will. I'm sure when I put on my other tires I had with my Formula (brand new Nitto drag radials) it will run as quick or quicker than my Formula did. All for basically the same amount of money, but it sounds a lot less like a drag car and still retaining that stock driveability and sound that my Formula didn't have anymore. :D

I've got a brand new set of Billetflow pullies (2.93 upper and the correct idlers) and an IRS brace ready to go on, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. That should push things to around 460 / 460... :cool:

With just those two performance mods (CAI and catback), it dyno'd 433 / 402...I've got a brand new set of Billetflow pullies (2.93 upper and the correct idlers) and an IRS brace ready to go on, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. That should push things to around 460 / 460... :cool:

Those are insane numbers. By comparison, my pullied and chipped 03 Cobra with a CAI and a catback put down 430rwhp. You've got me beat already and that's sans pulley/chip. Even with that 2.93 pulley - which is what I ran and is larger than the other pullies that some of the 03/04 Cobra guys go with - you're going to make gobs of power. I think your prediction of 460rwhp is wholly feasible.

Those are insane numbers. By comparison, my pullied and chipped 03 Cobra with a CAI and a catback put down 430rwhp. You've got me beat already and that's sans pulley/chip. Even with that 2.93 pulley - which is what I ran and is larger than the other pullies that some of the 03/04 Cobra guys go with - you're going to make gobs of power. I think your prediction of 460rwhp is wholly feasible.

In your defense and something I forgot to add: Those aren't corrected numbers. According to Brian and my dyno sheet, those are "actual" numbers. He told me based on the day we had it dyno'd, they'd be about 10 less. So figure 420 / 390 to be safe. Still more than my Formula had with a lot more money invested.

Here is my dyno sheet. I had to take a pic of it as I've had many people call BS on my numbers, except for those who were at the dyno that day:

http://www.wease.net/My_DSG/DynoSheet1.JPG

$0.47 cents in the ash tray but I found a quarter when I vacuum'd the car out yesterday so now I've got $0.72 cents IN the car.

Andy

I usually roll with about $1.75 for the car wash. I'll have to go out and check what has fallen between the seats.

Interesting Sean - the numbers on your 2000 Formula are identical to what mine put down....

I still want a piece of the Cobra before you go crazy with it

I might be off on those numbers for the Formula. It might have been 381/381. I can't remember now. They are very close though. :)