How much is in your car???

V8 Beast

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or being incredibly good looking.

You are absolutely correct. Which, you know, there has to be more to life than being really, really ridiculously good looking. Perhaps its being ridiculously good looking and cool simultaneously?

You are absolutely correct. Which, you know, there has to be more to life than being really, really ridiculously good looking. Perhaps its being ridiculously good looking and cool simultaneously?

I'm pretty sure there's more to life than being really, really ridiculously good looking, and I plan on finding out what that is. Perhaps it is being cool... Yet I am forced to believe that being incredibly good looking automatically makes you cool? I hear words like "handsomeness" and "incredibly chiseled features" and for me that's like a vanity that I don't buy into... ya know?

car was 48,000

i have spent 1200-1500 in parts

i got 390 rwhp

32 MPG highway

12.4 @ 117 quarter mile

0-60 in 4.1 sec

able to stop 60-0 in 100 ft

top speed 200+ MPH

it can handle at least 1.4 G's (thats as high as i've had it)

it was designed for the road course

it's sexy

and it has all the luxury anyone could ever want

having a car you can drive to the track,

slap on racing numbers,

race,

drive home,

and take your girlfriend out to dinner in the same night - PRICELESS

how much you pay a month for something like that? i think i want to buy a vette

1998 Gt convertable 5-spd-Loaded with 70k. 187whp and 270wtq stock-$10800( 2 1/2 years ago)

Performance

-Pi Heads(rebuilt),Cams, and intake manifold w/ gaskets-$1,100

-100hp Zex wet n2o kit(base kit+ racers pack+ a bunch of other stuff)-$1200

-70mm t/b-$120

-trickflow plenum-$100

-180 degree thermostat-$20

-Magnaflow Magnapack cat back-$420

-BBK H pipe -$60 (used)

-March Pulleys-$35 (used)

-March Fluidampner-$112

-BBK CAI- $80 (summit racing store credit)

-Ford Racing 4.10's- $340 with gears and install (closing agreement to buying the car)

-Steeda Short throw shifter-$100

-QA1 Tubular control K member- $145 (summit scratch and dent bin)

-UPR C/C plates-$90 (my tuner hooked me up)

-Ford C springs-$100 (ditched front to go to coilover)

-UPR 175lb 14'' coilover setup-$150 (used)

-Steeda Subframe Connectors-$50

-Lakewood 90/10 drag struts-$135 (hook up cost)

-Lakewood 50/50 drag shocks-$40 (hook up cost)

-UPR Chromoly upper and lower control arms-$217

-Energy Suspension bushings all around-$80

-1'' thick rear sway bar- $60 (used)

-275/40/17 Mickey Thompson D/R's-175 (used only for 100 miles, no burnouts)

-StangSuspensions Stainless Braided Brake Lines-$70

-Hurst Line Locker-$120 with hardware

-tune(SCT 4 bank flip chip with n20 tune)- $700

End result- 270whp n/a 306 tq No numbers for n2o yet but should be about 350-360whp and 475wtq.

Total cost- $5,769.00 plus cost of the car. Keep in mind I did all my own installs (minus the gears), else wise this total would be over $10k if a shop installed them.

just for entertainement for you guys...

1979 capri i paid 800 for the car with a 275 horse crate motor and a reman c4, 13 bucks for a selenoid and another 10 for battery cables and it ran 13.20's.....823 bucks total(it was cheap because the owner passed away and the guy who purchased it couldnt make a brand new motor run)

1981 mercury marquis i paid 400 for it, threw a leftover performer rpm and a 750 holley on it...ill say around 75 bucks used for a price since i had them extra..

150 for an 8.8 with 3:73 gears and a traction lock, 75 bucks for 2 1/2 inch down pipes. 80 bucks for a set of used flowmasters, gutted interior for free.....15.60's for 780 bucks.. both of the above cars were 302's....

so far on the new car i paid 300 for a running 2.3 n/a mustang..1988. gutted interior was free and neccessary to find rot/wiring troubles..125 bucks in brake lines and a new master cylinder, 36 bucks for lightbulbs for the car, 26 bucks for a cheap turbo muffler, 47 shipped for a downpipe, 200 for a donor turbo coupe(motor trans and rear end) so as of right now i have 736 bucks in the 2 cars to make one run out of....i keep a running tab saved in the computer for all my cars...hoping to make the turbo car go 13's for under 2g.....i still have to buy shocks/springs and alot of little shit for the swap but as of right now im browsing for a 2.3 header and t3 turbo set up

Exedy Stage 1 - 200 + install

VF39 Turbo - 300

823cc injectors - FREE ;) Easy mod to tune.

TMIC - 300

JDM STI RA (cryod/micropolished) - 4500 installed/shipping/Fiasco shipping (stupid FL)

Clutchmaster Flywheel - 350

Up/Down pipe- 500 installed

HPS+ Hawks - 150

ECU tuning cable -110

Stage 3 clutch - ??? Not in yet

IPS WRX Prototype catback (borla xr-1 muffler + STI style tip) - 375 (It's good to be the prototype.)

TurboXS MBC - 30 (Not installed yet)

6815$ Now I know I've forgot some install and of course maintance mods (it needed them)

I also know I'm about to drop a chunk more on the new clutch. But I love the car.

I've got waiting to go int.

Bigger turbo (GT-14)

I can't do that until I got the motor rebuild next year.

I have close to 1500 in parts sitting on a shelf waiting for a the motor for the 7 which should be picking up in the next few weeks.

Have about 2k in the chassis which includes getting it from South Carolina getting it cleaned up and caged. Plus I still am going to paint it but thats cheap :)