Nascar!!!! Are you kidding me

Drewhop

Basically my little boy keeps asking to watch the stuff and i dont know what to do.

Dont get me wrong if someone wants to enjoy this horribly boring sport feel free but i cant stand it. But here is my problem how do i get my little boy to stop loving the stuff.

I dont want him to grow up being a beer drinking mullet having hillbilly.

Any help would be appreciated I would also like to hear from you nascar fans as to what may have caused this uncontrollable urge to watch extremely boring Racing.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give him a copy of any Colin McRae video game, then see which one he likes better. The problem is that you can't find anything BUT Nascar on basic cable anymore. Speed channel used to have some great rally programming, but that's all but over now. Maybe take him to some road races at Mid-Ohio next year?

When I was young, I watched NASCAR. Essentially, I just didn't understand how boring and stupid it was. I just REALLY liked watching the cars. He's probably just a budding car nut and hasn't learned what's good and what's lame yet. Give him time, and educate him. As the above posters have reccomended, show him other types of racing. I'd also reccomend some good movies that aren't NASCAR-centric. Even though it's about motorcycles, you should watch "Worlds Fastest Indian" with him. I don't remember if there's any questionable content, but "Grand Prix" is a classic.

Think of this as your opportunity to educate a new motorhead into how to do things right. Like a project car, but with more feedback. ;)

If he's 7 or 8 plus get him into karts. Easy to afford entry level stuff. You can be in a decent used kart for WAY under a grand and they fit in a basic van, pick up or maybe mini van.

Check out Circleville Raceway south on 23 about 15 miles from 270 most weekends.

Started my kid at 11 and raced for three years. GREAT education for street driving later. Now he runs 12's at Trails and has a Mid Ohio driving school under his belt.

DOESN'T WATCH NASCAR!

Good luck, Ron

let the kid watch nascar, just expose him to other shit too. just don't let him see all the dumb fucking redneck shit that goes on in nascar like tossing helmets at other guys. don't cheer the ignorant shit, point it out and teach him about it. transition him to other forms of racing in time. let the kid be happy now.

not every nascar fan is like that. and who said its a hillbilly sport

I agree... absolutley not every fan it like that at all. I have been watching nascar for 20 years... I like all racing but I do enjoy nascar as well. Can you explain to me just exactly what a hillbilly sport is?????

15 posts and only 1 of them seems to show anger towards the mullet/hillbilly line.... Are you guys getting soft???? This should have been a 3 page argument already :D

The AMC boys have just worn us down ... =) I mean honestly If I had a son and he liked nascar, I would show him real racing. GT / Rally what ever. a good rally video game would change his mind. I know playing nascar on pc made me hate nascar even more then the show. But I had to have other options first

If after all the wisdom failed I would throw the tv away.

Just kidding if after all the child still loved nascar I would just accept that my son was doomed to drink BuschBeer

Yeah CR definately getting soft i was hoping for more anger but it just didnt work. He is only 3 years old he absolutely loves cars. He can watch whatever he wants. (To and extent) I was just hoping for a bit more anger and hostility from this post but didnt work.

But it is a known fact that Nascar=Hillbilly sport who else has the capacity to sit and watch someone drive in a circle for 5 hours other then a 3 year old or a hillbilly/redneck.

But it is a known fact that Nascar=Hillbilly sport who else has the capacity to sit and watch someone drive in a circle for 5 hours other then a 3 year old or a hillbilly/redneck.

i still dont understand how its a hillbilly sport. yes hillbillys created nascar but it does'nt mean its a hillbilly sport. and there are other sports that go on for 5 hours that are way boring like golf

i still dont understand how its a hillbilly sport. yes hillbillys created nascar but it does'nt mean its a hillbilly sport. and there are other sports that go on for 5 hours that are way boring like golf

Fact over 50% of the fans live in a trailer park.......

The other 50% have a nascar number on there truck/car/mini-van/trailer/shirt

Golf was not designed to be exciting. Its designed to be relaxing (unless your not good at it).

Nascar on the other hand was designed to be exciting except they stuck hillbillies in there and told them lets just make left turns all day i think it will be easier for the fans to follow along. But if we paint the cars all purdy they will still watch.

I guess I would let my son watch whatever he wanted as long as his car choices weren't a 94 Cherokee and a 94 Bonneville. :cool:

I plan on adding a few more 94's to my arsenal as well i just like the year its a good solid number. Im thinkin maybe a 94 S-10 Next and a 94 Camaro/Firebird. That way when i sell them its easier to remember what year they all are.

Golf was not designed to be exciting. Its designed to be relaxing (unless your not good at it).

Nascar on the other hand was designed to be exciting except they stuck hillbillies in there and told them lets just make left turns all day i think it will be easier for the fans to follow along. But if we paint the cars all purdy they will still watch.

yes the one in the trailer parks are the biggest fans but 50% do not live in a tralier park. yes a bunch of dangos like nascar. and the other 50% you say that have stickers on there cars is not true, and that anit differnt than having a osu sticker or any big ten team. i bet you there are more people with football stickers on there cars than nascar stickers. and they did'nt stick hillbillys in there, hillbillys made nascar, and finally there are races were they dont make just left turns

Funny I dont live in a trailer park or have any numbers on my car, and I'm a fan... . And all they do is left turns...right... I would love to see people who talk shit get in one of those cars and do what they do just once!