Here, You Can Be A Mod!!! CREW

nurkvinny

Here you go folks, your chance to play Virtual CR Mod for a night. There is a member who seems to think I am picking on him, wrongfully deleting his posts while leaving other people's in place, and generally being "big man on campus" as he puts it.

Here is the situation. Member A posts a car for $2500. Member B makes the following post:

"I'd consider taking a look at it, but not for $2,500.00. Car has 155,000 miles on it. I wouldn't pay more than $1500.00 for a car with that many miles."

Member B is warned that this explicitly violates this rule, which is posted at the top of every For Sale section:

Do not post off topic replies, this can be done through PM. Posts that are not relevant, including criticizing an asking price, will be deleted.

Member B insults me, accuses me of hiding behind my computer, picking on him, etc, etc.

Soooooo, YOU BE THE MOD. Did his post violate the rule we have posted in the Corral Section or not? Did I pick on him, or did he deserve it? Believe it or not, we aren't here to pick on anyone, and I would argue I have a good reputation for being fare. This particular guy feels differently.

I could make this a lot longer, but there is cold beer in my fridge.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go folks, your chance to play Virtual CR Mod for a night. There is a member who seems to think I am picking on him, wrongfully deleting his posts while leaving other people's in place, and generally being "big man on campus" as he puts it.

Here is the situation. Member A posts a car for $2500. Member B makes the following post:

"I'd consider taking a look at it, but not for $2,500.00. Car has 155,000 miles on it. I wouldn't pay more than $1500.00 for a car with that many miles."

Member B is warned that this explicitly violates this rule, which is posted at the top of every For Sale section:

Do not post off topic replies, this can be done through PM. Posts that are not relevant, including criticizing an asking price, will be deleted.

Member B insults me, accuses me of hiding behind my computer, picking on him, etc, etc.

Soooooo, YOU BE THE MOD. Did his post violate the rule we have posted in the Corral Section or not? Did I pick on him, or did he deserve it? Believe it or not, we aren't here to pick on anyone, and I would argue I have a good reputation for being fare. This particular guy feels differently.

He did not violate the rule simply because his post was relevant. If the seller is considering lowering his asking price, then he will come take a look at the car.

If all he did was state the price was too high, the post is in violation.

I can see your point, but disagree in this instance. I do admit he overreacted in his response to you.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest tbutera2112
i thinks its in the grey area....he violated the rule by criticizing the price, but at the same time he was basically just offering a low price...i think it belongs in PMs, but i dont know if i would have deleted the post or not

Guest tbutera2112
Perhaps, "Posts that are not relevant or publicly criticize an asking price, will be deleted." would be better.?.?

definately.

Perhaps, "Posts that are not relevant or publicly criticize an asking price, will be deleted." would be better.?.?

That would be a different rule. The rule states that irrelevant posts will be deleted. There was a clause added to state that a criticism of an asking price is considered to be irrelevant. The poster showed interest in the car. The rule was not violated.

• Downvote 1

IMO

1. Not a blatent violation, but nonetheless, not an appropriate post by member B. Just clouds the post up for the seller. He should have just PM'd the seller as already noted here.

2. So far as member B accusing you of picking on him......blah, blah....member B needs to grow a pair and thicken up his skin a bit. :rolleyes: