Why do you ride?

jagr

Why do you ride?  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you ride?

• To be a Trackday Junkie. And also to enjoys the scent of sweaty man-leather.
    • So i can destroy my bike in Deliverance country. Also enjoys squeeling like a pig.
    • To get away from my significant other, and restore a non-suicidal mental balance.
    • To fulfill the primal wanderlust of a hunter/gatherer.
    • Because i want an expensive 7 month a year hobby.
    • To seek out new life, new civilisations. To boldly go where no one has gone before!
    • To pick up 16 year old skanks in small, economically depressed country towns.(Hooker option)
    • To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Why do I ride?

None of the above...it is the smile on my face when I ride and I have had it since day one..

DSC_0124.jpg

I ride for me..I don't ride any fancy go fast knee draging bike,the ride is about ME.I hit the starter button on my old Yamaha and we are one...I don't care if you like my bike or me as I ride.I am not out to impress I am there cause it is what I like to do and that is Ride...........

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I ride?

None of the above...it is the smile on my face when I ride and I have had it since day one..

DSC_0124.jpg

I ride for me..I don't ride any fancy go fast knee draging bike,the ride is about ME.I hit the starter button on my old Yamaha and we are one...I don't care if you like my bike or me as I ride.I am not out to impress I am there cause it is what I like to do and that is Ride...........

thats the way to go! riding is a way of life

Why do I ride?

DSC_0124.jpg

a-freakin-men brotha!! that was pure poetry... rep for you!

• 1 year later...
+1 My bad' date=' ass-less chaps would have been MUCH more appropriate. Protects you from the wind, but not from your passenger...[/quote']

:lol: dude your sick. And missed. Where you at?

:chebbyshovel:

It’s about the only thing I do that puts me in the moment. No crap from job stress or money matters or stupid fight with a GF. All that goes away while riding. The only thing that matters is now. I can only absorb the action of now, of wind, of speed, of power. What I do now controls to whether I live or die, in the moment, in this second. :cool:

There is a peace and oneness that comes from riding a motorcycle whether it is down the paved road, across back roads or into the single track trail that exposes you to the elements of sound, feeling of power and smells that a car just doesn't provide. Well, that and walking sucks!:lol:

i grew up riding off road since i was six. Riding on road never interested me whatsoever. my husband however has a deep passion for it. after 3 little ones and years of worrying myself sick everytime he rode (and my own 38th birthday... hmmm??) my thinking started to change. i wanted to do something that we could share in interest in away and separate from the business of parenthood. it was a natural progression given my comfort riding off road, or so i thought.

im not sure i have found the bike for me yet. :cry: i have a cruiser -- not enough bike for me, and ride the superhawk -- a bike too much for me. i do know this -- i prefer a :bow:sportsbike over the cruiser but i also appreciate the option to ride either. :) we dont excommunicate the kids either.. they are included once in a while when we need the bikes cleaned.. little hands make it easy to reach those rough spots.. :D

not sure there is a poll choice for me up there. how bout an option for that realization that we only live life once and wanting to do something you'e only thought about without any actions behind it? .. but the grasping onto sanity choice would apply in all cases :santahat:

long story short I had some very serious medical issues just after my 19th birthday. After all of that cleared up I lost my grandfather who I was very close to. I realized life was too short to worry about my parents killing me over buying a motorcycle. I bought the bike and didn't tell them. I love every minute of riding and wouldn't give it up for the world.

• 9 months later...