Giant Eagle shoppers.. lol at you

dragknee66

Seriously.. have you shopped around and compared prices? The SAME items I get at Krogers are between .40 and 1.50 cheaper PER ITEM than the joke of a store I shopped at yesterday. Your fuel perks.. Im sorry.. they don’t add up to ANY savings in the end.

I still win by moving to GE for some stuff. Our family went and changed some perscriptions we get for our Grandfather. They give up to a dollar off a gallon for each one changed. The prescriptions ended up costing about 4$ more total but when I am filling up my dodge with diesel fuel all summer for never more than 1.78 a gallon I win. This was when diesel was $4.50+ a gallon. I havent filled up that truck for $40 since I owned it until this. I even made out on a free tank at one time.

Moral of the story= learning how to shop around makes you a winnar! As for regular grocery shopping you loose. If you are going to a restaraunt and you swing by GE a pick up a gift cert. before you go just so you can save that much more per gallon of fuel, you in again a winnar! There are ways to work the system. I guess some of us here just dont happen to be as smart as others.

how does paying $4 more for a bottle of medicine not equal a better deal for in return getting $1 a gallon off of fuel. With a maximum of 30 gallons at $1 off a gallon that is a potential saving of $30 -$4 for medicine= $26. I still fail to see the part that means this isnt worth it. Think about what happens when you fill 4 prescriptions.

100% agree with food vs fuel, my specific instance of how I worked their promo's didnt apply to food but to buying pills for my Grandfather. I guess you could consider him a pill popper but what 68 year old with two major heart surgeries and a rare disease isnt a pill popper. Just pointing out different ways people can use the perks to their advatages including prescriptions and gift cards.

how does paying $4 more for a bottle of medicine not equal a better deal for in return getting $1 a gallon off of fuel. With a maximum of 30 gallons at $1 off a gallon that is a potential saving of $30 -$4 for medicine= $26. I still fail to see the part that means this isnt worth it. Think about what happens when you fill 4 prescriptions.

Gas is only a lil over a buck anyway :p

Gas is only a lil over a buck anyway :p

Well I am happy but I am not holding my breath on it being the same way when I return to the states. When I left it was high enough to worry about. Gas here in Saudi Arabi if 64 cents a gallon. That explains why people here drive 120mph on a regular basis and not care one bit. One of our posts sits 20 yards off of the freeway here and it is very nice to watch a shit load of fatal accidents occur at speeds over 100mph. Stand by for videos of said accidents. I have always been able to capture the aftermath but never in the action.

i saw the prices were way up there but ive been mainly going to giant eagle because their produce selection is way better and fresher then anyone else. for produce id rather pay a higher price but for other foods id rather go to kroger or meijer.

then again you could go to Costco because we know how cheap tires are there!!

just something on the fuel..... i use3d to do the gas thing at kroger until i checked my gas mileage compared to speedway. I drove to my parents house in wva 4 times using kroger gas and 2 times using speedway and got 3 more miles to the gallon EVERYTIME. i use the speedy rewards card and put 50$ on a gift card everytime and get an extra 1000 points and about every 3 months i get 50$ free gas from them.