What car would you buy for 25k?

Aaron

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valid points but I would go with the Evo because to me, the STI's look like a cross eyed retard up front.

And Evos have the proportions of a mutant VW Beetle.

Tall roofline, low beltline, and a short nose that curves downwards with a constant radius. Not to mention that the tail looks fat from behind.

Neither car is good looking. It's totally subjective.

Though the side-impact ratings aren't.

Tall roofline, low beltline, and a short nose that curves downwards with a constant radius. Not to mention that the tail looks fat from behind.

Not many cars have rebar jammed through em though. I disagree about the looks too, I love em both.

Sounds like you wanna line em up this spring. Battle of the black F/I 4bangers.

(sol740 as an entity, does not condone illegal street racing, and as such, any references to i.e "lining them up", "throwing down", "calling out" or "cockandball fighting" strictly adhere to the sanctioned guidelines of racing per a third party establishments facility, specifically designed to house events of implied nature (dragstrip, track, cone-humping).

Not many cars have rebar jammed through em though. I disagree about the looks too, I love em both.

Sounds like you wanna line em up this spring. Battle of the black F/I 4bangers.

(sol740 as an entity, does not condone illegal street racing, and as such, any references to i.e "lining them up", "throwing down", "calling out" or "cockandball fighting" strictly adhere to the sanctioned guidelines of racing per a third party establishments facility, specifically designed to house events of implied nature (dragstrip, track, cone-humping).

You're on! Well, for the cone-humping part. I doubt I could take your Evo in a drag race as I'm still stock power. Plenty of AutoX opportunities this year, and there should be quite a few at NTR. I wouldn't mind trading for a run if you're up to it. I'd like to see what all the fuss is about.

I like fat rear ends :)

Auto climate control, that's seriously what makes or breaks it for you? You can't turn a knob if you get too hot/cold?

Sirius Radio - wow, that's complex to install.

You act as if the STi dash is something to write home about. A factory installed boost gauge is mounted on the steering column, wow, that's ballerific. If you're this worried about what an interior looks like you probably should have bought a luxury car and not a car intended to be modified.

This is a moot point anyway considering it's an opinion, IMO they're both pretty basic interiors and do what they need to do. Good steering wheel, good seats. I'm not looking at the gauge cluster and if they're that bad I'll install my own.

In short your arguement is: waa, I don't have auto climate control. Take off your womens underwear and put your man pants back on.

Ask him how many spare axles he has and how many times he's replaced them.

If you're going to tell me having a turbocharged AWD car makes you exempt from being stuck in traffic you're huffing some serious meth. Do I pass on the berm? No, I get fucked far too often by our local tax collectors with guns to try that, the last thing I need is another run in with them. What's that have to do with Evo's, anyway?

I'm pretty sure this is a car enthusiast forum, no? Who buys an Evo or STi to leave stock? No one in their right mind, that's for damn sure. If you want a stock daily driver you should be looking at a car like a Honda Civic or hell, anything from Subaru that isn't turbocharged. Turbo cars in general are not ideal for daily driving. Do we do it anyway? Sure.

The question is one car, that will be your daily driver, and your fun car, which do you buy? Evo. Goes faster, costs less, easier to fix, cheaper parts, everything is is basically identical. The Evo is better where it counts, period.

But you are the guy that buys Apple products because they look cute and cost more, so I guess that makes total sense.

Why is it that any time I make a post making valid points the fall back for the person arguing with me is to make a LC2 comment. This shit happens in damn near every thread. Why?

I know more about most cars than the majority of the people that post here. Two of my good friends own two of the cars in question, I've had plenty of experience with both. Shit, I just helped one of them drop the transmission out of his to replace a throw out bearing and clutch.

Again, I like the STi, it just gets the shit stomped out of it by an equally modded Evo with less cash. The name of my game is going fast, not looking cute.

god dont talk about supras now.. please i can only take about 45 min of howard then he gets raped

Evo

Kenny already said pretty much everything I was going to.:thumbup:

Yes buy that DSM reliability for a Daily. Brilliant. Daily STI>Daily EVO. SUbaru is way nicer on the inside for a DD. I will agree EVO Performance > STI. But for Daily, Pre 08 STI hands down.

DSM reliability?? Riiiiiiiiigggggggght. Evos are reliable when they aren't in the hands of a retard. A properly tuned and maintained Evo should be just as reliable as a Subaru. I have owned both, so it's not like I have anything against WRXs. There are a handful of daily driven 9 second Evos out there. How many DD 9 second WRXs are there?? :lol:

The interior is debatable. There are things I miss about the WRX and there are things I like better about the Evo.

oh yeah definitely. My mom has an 08 Jetta 2.0T DSG. She doesnt drive it how it should be driven lol. But ive always loved the ground effects on the GLIs

My wife loves the MKIV 1.8T GLI's. I am a fan of the 24 valve VR6 engine. If I was going to get a MKIV, it would be a VR6 jetta and I would convert it to the 1.8T GLI exterior look.