Stuck cars thread........which ones did you see?

Aaron

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perry township cop stuck on Snouffer as he slid partially into the ditch as he tried to make a U-Turn by doing a donut :o Anybody catch the big fire in that area? I tried to get there to get pics but they blocked the road and I wasn't going to hike.....to lazy.

Almost got stuck on broad. Doing like 30 or so, and my car began to bottom out. Wheels started spinning and it slowed to like 15. After some evasive action, I was back on my way :)

low ground clearance + large piles of slush + stunt driving = not getting stuck

My friend said there was a minivan stopped on the second right most lane on 270 earlier this morning during low visability. It was stopped, guy was outside scraping his windows....................

Should have been taken out by a plow, save Columbus from his dumb ass.

Saw an idiot doing the same thing although in a somewhat less dangerous location. It actually pissed me off to see someone so fucking stupid they'll stop at an intersection and decide it's a good time to scrape the ice of all their windows. Cause, you know, doing it at the house in your driveway makes far to much sense.

Let's see:

Speeding Grand Prix(80ish with traffic going 50) caught a sheet of ice blown off somebody's roof. Busted windshield.

90s Jetta yapping on phone spun end-for-end while turning onto Fishinger. Started to drive back down the road he was turning from, nearly rammed a Mazda.

Late-model Accord well and truly stuck on Georgesville, just south of Broad. If anyone knows that steep parking lot entrance on the right, he was high-centered there in a couple feet of brown snow.

And the usual assortment of SUV ass-hats in ditches. A couple Jeeps, a Durango, and several pick-ups covered in snow.

i saw a late 90's accord sorta sideways on 270s just north of 161 on my way home last night. not sure why he didnt get the fuck out of the way. didnt seem like his car was damaged, just chilling in the center lane. then about 1/2 mile later, something turned 180 degrees against the wall.

today, saw a woman getting out of her car that was in the grass between morse and 670 on 270, saw a camaro just off the road with a cop car between easton/161, and then between 161 and westerville, rd, there was a camaro off the road, with a truck trying to help him out.

what was odd about the last situation, is there was a cop car in the back of the group, then a maroon expedition or something similar (large suv), and then the 2 working to get out. when im coming up, cop has his lights on, and i thought i saw his lights flashing off the SUV. when i got closer, i realized the SUV had blue/red LEDs between the bumper and tailgate, in the back window (tinted out), then at the top of the windshield, bottom of windshield, and in the grille and air dam of the bumper. NO police marks anywhere on it, and if i was driving down the road, wouldnt have been able to tell. not sure why a) he was there for a simple car off the road and b) why i've never seen/heard of any sort of undercover cars in columbus (or ohio for that matter) and i saw this one. i see them all the time when im visiting PA. hm

I don't know what exactly the car was but it was lowered and got stuck pulling off of Broad into a little strip mall and must of got stuck. Saw the guy shoveling snow from around his car. Luckily I didn't have to drive to much today. But I don't think the roads were all that bad.{and my car sucks in the snow}

What pisses me off is the jackasses who don't clear the ice off their car. Do they think it's going to stay there until it melts?

I made a point on both of the cars to lightly tap the ice until it breaks up and then slide it off the car. If you're worried about scratching it, you should buy or put your car in the garage.

i went down, kicked my door to break ice, opened door, started car, came back to my apartment, cooked breakfast, brushed teeth, watched news...went down ~20 minutes later, rolled down windows and pushed ice sheet out. then puched my car with my fist to break off the ice on the roof/hood/trunk, and kicked the remaining panels on the car.

owning a beater FTW

no ice on car FTW

i saw a semi in the ditch which i thought it was strange... 270 s near broad st.

I got stuck trying to pull out of driveway... living in the cul de sac ftl!!

They need to have mandatory winter driving classes for Ohio, so only those who passes can drive during a storm.

You mean no one saw my ass stuck at 270/23 interchange after that tractor trailer ran me off the road?!

Thankfully I was only there for an hour before a statey and an ODOT first response truck pulled up to push me out. Thank god for fucking ODOT, i never thought i would ever say that.

Oh and thanks to the guy who pulled over in his Chevy pickup to try and pull me out, prob better you didnt yank off my bumper but i appreciate the offer.

Day Two:

Newer Civic on Smokey Row NB north of Hard Road. Made me turn around and go the back way to Sawmill...that sucked.

FWD Equinox on Sawmill NB.....on relatively flat ground too. Next to him a 2WD Explorer Sport.

$80k+ Mercedes SUV with 22" Wheels and likely summer rubber trying to snowboard back into Powell....Dumbass.

Dodge Charger on Sawmill just before Powell.....playing sit and spin with two people trying to push his car.

Caddy CTS who almost fucking blocked my turn too....Buy Fucking snow tires already!!!!!

That's just today on the way to school with the kids.