What are you in school for? What degree do you have and what do you do?

2pointslow

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just transferred to OSU, working towards getting my BA in Psychology. I have to move back to MD once I get my BA here and go to UMD to get my Masters since I can't afford to stay at OSU(out of state tuition is insane) and my parents are willing to pay for me to get my BA, but I need to pay to get my Masters. Hopefully I can a job with my BA making somewhere in the $40k range, and then take night classes or work weird hours so I can go to graduate school. I got it all planned out, but nothing ever goes as planned, so we'll see.

Oh and I don't have a job right now since I just moved here, but i'm willing to work anywhere right now, just need some money to save and pay for car parts!

I was signed up to do the FRM 2 qtrs ago. I was so close to doing it and then backed out. How do you like it? What kind of classes for your major course work?

I like it. However the classes are a major joke. The majority are Consumer Science classes with about 1/3 being the actual business/financial type classes. It is a great major to get into, lots of options for employment and its an easy major to get into. I am very happy I went this route. I may not find my "career" by having this major, but it will surely give me a great basis to get a job and find out exactly what I "want" to do. Either teaching or financial planning, or both.

I'm a little over halfway done with my associates degree in automotive technology from UTI Phoenix. After that I am taking Ford FACT electronics training program at the same campus. By February next year I'll be in Exton, PA at the Volkswagon training program for 4 months. I have a job lined up with one of the Columbus area VW dealerships and I'll be a master tech in a few years.

Right now I work at brake masters in Phoenix while I'm in school.

Degree in Landscape Architecture from Ohio State with a major focus on Storm Water Retention and Civil Engineering.

Worked 6mos in the field, confirmed they don't make shit and have been in IT sales for the past 15yrs and will never go back. Good principles of design and planning really compliment the solution sales I've been doing since as the principles are very much the same.

I've been in roles as an individual contributor and in management roles responsible for $10M-30M in revenue. Personally, I like the individual role better and am back in my sweet spot :D

evogottago, what airport you work at?

I started out working at Advance Auto for almost 4 years after high school and just taking a few CSCC classes, realized I didnt want to make a fat blob of myself in 40 years and decided to do what I always wanted to do.

So now I'm in my last quarter at OSU, getting two degrees in Russian and Political Science (not double majors, and cum laude bitches) and leaving in December for pilot training in the USAF. I'm finishing up my Supreme Court internship this week, so somehow I gotta find a job for the next 6-7 months until I leave.

BS in Computer Information Systems from Devry in 2007. I ended up landing an internship at Sterling Commerce and eventually was hired on as a full time UNIX Systems Administrator.

Later this year I plan on getting a personal trainer certification and possibly getting more involved with fitness type stuff... still not sure yet though.

There is a ton of money to be made as a personal trainer. Just a little advice in the next year or 2 a online, weekend or even a home study course will not be accepted. It will take a 300 hour course and and internship plus you must be licensed in the state of which you work.

Computer Science degree, senior software engineer at Abbott Labs, 13+ years experience, which includes 4 years active duty Air Force... :)

Did you know a Charlie McHenry?

I know he worked there for a few years before the layoffs.

BS in Computer Science from Capital University Class of 97

I currently work for a small consulting firm in Worthington.

I am working with Motorist Insurance at the moment, helping doing java programming for their Content management system.

4 year BA in Psychology at Miami University. Hated my summer internship last summer working with kids with behavioral disabilities. ( a summer camp with 40 kids ages 3-15 in the middle of central texas heat.)

Just started pilot training pursuing a career in aviation.

I got my degree in Turfgrass Science with a minor in Agribusiness. I'm currently searching for a job at a golf course (I want to be an assistant super but I'll take damn near anything right now). In the meantime I work at Lowe's and get paid shit to do my boss's job.

My Registered Nursing shit then eventually my CNP. Pseudo Doc at your service.

not a bad way to go. you'd be surprised how much you can do (and make $$-wise), and all the liability is on the physician you work under.

BS in Computer Information Systems from DeVry and currently working at the Huntington Response Center as a Coordinator which is internal IT support for the bank. I also work part time at Mr. Tire for extra money because I worked as a mechanic while in school and to keep my foot in the door, with the way the economy is.

Finishing up my junior year at OSU, working on a degree in Sociology. Might stick around and grab a minor in Criminology depending on how the job market is when I graduate.

Hope to become a high school teacher, but have recently considered doing some social work for a few years and getting certified to teach later.