The green DSM with the chute today

MrMeanGreen

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
by the way, just so u all know, i taped the run of his car throwing up everywhere. And a lot of the other runs to

host and post or i will come to your house!

Sucks that you get this much shit about breaking at track day, noted for the future. If my car fucked up on a track day, last thing I would want to hear is how I fucked up the track. ( Not that my car would ever be finished, and racing at track day :( )

Ah you hate to hear about things getting this far out of hand. I couldnt imagine anyone getting all that upset about someone breaking and not being able to run for awhile. I try to take people at their word. If dude says he was unaware of the problem than so be it. In that situation I am sure alot of people would try to just get their car outta the way to not create any more issues and perhaps he mistakenly just wanted to get it out of everyones way when he should have just stopped. Its hard to say what he was thinking but I doubt he went out there to ruin anyones day which I guarantee you he didnt. It does sound like the clean up issue needs to be addressed before the next meet. If trails states cleanups like this are part of the rental, than certainly noone should be trying to collect on one. However if it is deemed prior to an event that a reimbursement fee or penalty shall be assessed by a driver for causing a delay than that should be clearly stated and signed off on. We have all been there when something happens and we sit and wait, its not ideal but its a evil that happens in this sport and you have to respect that fact. I think it goes without saying that the way it was initially handled on this board was over the top and continued to be so with every continued post made by the 2 parties involved. Hopefully these 2 can man-up and admit that they handled this thing in a childlike manner and agree to disagree. I am sure this kind of thing will play out again someday. Hopefully we will all be better prepared in the future.

There is no need to change anything. Its not that he broke, its what happened after he broke....

Take a frustrating day at the track, add in a guy avoiding him, multiply it by attendees being even more pissed, and this is what you get. The entire thing could and should have been handled at the track. The main point of this thread is when you mess up (that bad) come see Anthony or myself... period. Avoiding either one of us will just make you look guilty and give us more reason to trust what we are hearing.

Also consider that at any point in time Anthony could have banned him or messed up his account.... That never happened. He gave the guy a chance to tell his side of the story, even if it was in the middle of an e-battle.

I readily admit that Anthony has progressed some, but its the same issue that I have had with him and we have discussed in the past privately, you just cant expect people to lay down and take abuse just because you feel its your right to treat them anyway you want. And it earkes me to no end when people try to defend that kind of attitude. We all know its not okay to treat people that way. Noone wants to be treated like a juvenile. I wont begin to add my opinion wether or not they guy was trying to avoid anyone. What I do know is had I of been in the same situation, I would have wanted to hear the track tell me what was expected of me after the breakdown. If I was told by someone that the fee was $$$ and later I found out that there was no fee, there would have been a mjor issue at that time. And I still cant figure out based on this thread what was going on with that whole thing because on one hand people say there is a fee and on the other people say there was no fee. Perhaps the purpose of the fee was not explained correctly but it doesnt seem like its something to difficult to figure out. A simple phone call to the track would set things straight. It is kinda sad that from time to time some of us have to watch what we say because should we speak out for whats right could result in a banning. I am friends with Anthony and I know when he reads this he will probably be made and accuse me for talking behind his back but in this situation much like some others I have witnessed and been a part of tempers have been allowed to take control from the get go.

Guest Removed
I readily admit that Anthony has progressed some, but its the same issue that I have had with him and we have discussed in the past privately, you just cant expect people to lay down and take abuse just because you feel its your right to treat them anyway you want. And it earkes me to no end when people try to defend that kind of attitude. We all know its not okay to treat people that way. Noone wants to be treated like a juvenile. I wont begin to add my opinion wether or not they guy was trying to avoid anyone. What I do know is had I of been in the same situation, I would have wanted to hear the track tell me what was expected of me after the breakdown. If I was told by someone that the fee was $$$ and later I found out that there was no fee, there would have been a mjor issue at that time. And I still cant figure out based on this thread what was going on with that whole thing because on one hand people say there is a fee and on the other people say there was no fee. Perhaps the purpose of the fee was not explained correctly but it doesnt seem like its something to difficult to figure out. A simple phone call to the track would set things straight. It is kinda sad that from time to time some of us have to watch what we say because should we speak out for whats right could result in a banning. I am friends with Anthony and I know when he reads this he will probably be made and accuse me for talking behind his back but in this situation much like some others I have witnessed and been a part of tempers have been allowed to take control from the get go.

well if the track is down and says no fee on them(you get so many with the rental) then its down to the event holder IMO for the down time. cause they are the one paying the fees and hearing people bitch and so on. if he did or didnt do it on purpose, its sucks for everyone. period.

A track day should not be near as frustrating a time as it always appears to be nor should it be as difficult to get some things done for cr as it always seems to be. When the same issues arise time after time, then you kinda have to wonder why that is. I have seen guys given titles on here that cant seem to make one thing happen and I am not going into detail about specifics, and its not about the same old thing where I get accussed of saying things because I have made it clear I have always wanted to be a mod. I think from time to time I consider cr more of an actual club than I think perhaps it is and I take it kind of personal when as a member of a club we cant seem to get some things together. I have been in other car clubs where we set up events and was a part of the community. I cant believe at this stage people cant figure out where to meet and 1/2 the people are worried about being kicked out of a place.