Shop You Trust For Valve Job/Headwork in Columbus?

williaty

I will be wanting a multi-angle valve job as part of my engine rebuild. I'm looking for a trustworthy shop that I can take the heads to, drop them off, and pick them up later with a good, tight-sealing multi-angle (probably 5+radiusing) valve job. I don't want to have to put up with a lot of BS or drama. I just want to give them my heads and get back heads in better shape. I have no idea if it matters (valves are valves) but this will be for my EJ253 Subaru engine.

Do any of you have a shop you'd trust to do this?

Guest Removed

you mean machine shop? or a shop to remove and replace the heads as well?

many machine shops around town can handle it. but not many do the r&r. id say take it to the place behind the jegs on 11th ave. they are pricey, but do damn good work.

id say take it to the place behind the jegs on 11th ave. they are pricey, but do damn good work.

That would be Central Ohio Engine, and that's where I would have the work done as well. They're not terribly expensive, IMO.

Guest Removed
That would be Central Ohio Engine, and that's where I would have the work done as well. They're not terribly expensive, IMO.

Well, they are higher on cleaning blocks. but they have the baker that gets them real clean. thats why i take them there now. But some i have recommended there complain about the price. I just tell them, then take it some where else. But there always busy for a reason IMO.:cool:

Guest tbutera2112
Well, they are higher on cleaning blocks. but they have the baker that gets them real clean. thats why i take them there now. But some i have recommended there complain about the price. I just tell them, then take it some where else. But there always busy for a reason IMO.:cool:

overall i was happy with the prices they charged me for the 460... given, i didnt shop around, but for the work they did and the amount of time it took, i was satisfied

Yes, I was talking about just a machine shop to do the work on the valves. I'll bring them just the heads with the valves/springs/retainers. No cams, no rocker assemblies, no valvecovers, no attached engine. Nothing but the parts they're going to need to work on.

EDIT: There's a shop in Delaware that does headwork too, isn't there? I cannot for the life of me remember where it is.

Yes, I was talking about just a machine shop to do the work on the valves. I'll bring them just the heads with the valves/springs/retainers. No cams, no rocker assemblies, no valvecovers, no attached engine. Nothing but the parts they're going to need to work on.

EDIT: There's a shop in Delaware that does headwork too, isn't there? I cannot for the life of me remember where it is.

yes your thinking of M&M machine they are very familar with the EJ series motors, all engine done by quantom racing were sent to M&M they did work on 3 of my motors and the work is great.

Guest Removed
I had Central Ohio do my short block and rebuild my heads. They also had a guy port them for me. They did a good job. Were competitivley priced also.

the head porter would be tim..nhrat or something like that on here. highly recommend his rubbing on heads and valve work. the man knows airflow. does tons of super stock for nhra and so on.

I used Columbus Col-Weld

I like Col-Weld, they did some block and head work for me. But they won't do any performance work. No porting or anything other than restoration type work. After Col-Weld got done with my heads I took them to Eric. I should have taken them to him first off the bat.

I like Col-Weld, they did some block and head work for me. But they won't do any performance work. No porting or anything other than restoration type work. After Col-Weld got done with my heads I took them to Eric. I should have taken them to him first off the bat.

they sent my stuff out somewhere then I had them build a whole motor for me in 2000 or 01