How did everyone do today at 42?

SLOWLX

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after watching that car make a pass it looks like there is someting wrong in the rearend or suspension. just my opinion

After putting my car up in the air and getting a good look at it the only thing noticed on the rear end is one of the trailing arm bushings is half gone on the drivers side. Outside of that it looks fine. Probably going to fix the bushing, try some different tires and go back to the track for test and tune.

Pic of bushing:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x123/wannarace928/trailingarm.jpg

i walked out today with a truck bed full of gto passenger seats....someone PM me if you need to pick up a nice set of buckets for your custom projects!

yea i saw that... i can understnad weight but for gods sake thats just desperate leave the dam seat in lol....

my rearend is fixed already!

good lord man u dropped that thing off aroudn noon to rob ahaha

well dam goodjob rob !

yea i saw that... i can understnad weight but for gods sake thats just desperate leave the dam seat in lol....

good lord man u dropped that thing off aroudn noon to rob ahaha

well dam goodjob rob !

he was on it, plus he's done it before. its like cake to him now!

Guest Removed
benner used to own and work on that thing...its gonna be allllll down hill from here on out...

QFT

I have a spare bag if nther1 needs it

drop it off....we has a box of stuff collecting for next year

And i sold you some of the parts

spanks you sir

my rearend is fixed already!

was about 3....

he was on it, plus he's done it before. its like cake to him now!

we need more spares....or a solid axle...and im sure we can make it handle with one 2

• 2 months later...

track rental video..here is a funny video a couple of guys I know one of em has a 06 gto with cam,intake,headers,exhaust,stall and a cold air intake with drag radials,stock ls2 otherwise..the other is a yellow cobra built to the hilt mega BUCKs in the car,built motor,kenny bell big blower, big pulleye,SRA, drag tires front k member you name it, it has it ,watch what happens...LMFAO

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l74/qwks15/th_DSCF1021.jpg

I guess the really funny part is that when I talked to the guy in the Cobra he has a disability and one of his feet kind of hangs there. I guess that would make it a little harder to shift fast, but what the hell do I know. I'm not friends with the guy in the Cobra, just talked to him at one of the other track days and was asking why he wasn't shifting it harder. I don't know if you knew that or not, but I'd be willing to bet that with someone who can use both feet a little better you would see a nice improvement on the ET. Just a thought. One more thing after watching the video, that yellow cobra ran an 11.0x that day too. Had some friends at that rental and they were watching some of the other cars run, that is why I know that.

I guess the really funny part is that when I talked to the guy in the Cobra he has a disability and one of his feet kind of hangs there. I guess that would make it a little harder to shift fast, but what the hell do I know. I'm not friends with the guy in the Cobra, just talked to him at one of the other track days and was asking why he wasn't shifting it harder. I don't know if you knew that or not, but I'd be willing to bet that with someone who can use both feet a little better you would see a nice improvement on the ET. Just a thought. One more thing after watching the video, that yellow cobra ran an 11.0x that day too. Had some friends at that rental and they were watching some of the other cars run, that is why I know that.

I know him well,before he had the problem with his foot, he could not shift the car,actually he did well that day shifting,im just bustin his chops,11.4 is the best that car has ever went,NOT 11.0 until late 09 it had never seen 11s. he told me up to the day we went to that track rental car would go a solid 10.5,wanted to race me for $1000. he changed his mind after that day..lol I am just having fun with this,if you knew him like I do ,youd do the same,I dont care what he does to that tang he will always be chasin Tha chevys...ah haha..besides even if someone were in the car and could shift it,maybe 3 tenths...better in ET.dollar for dollar I am NOT impressed..

I know him well,before he had the problem with his foot, he could not shift the car,actually he did well that day shifting,im just bustin his chops,11.4 is the best that car has ever went,NOT 11.0 until late 09 it had never seen 11s. he told me up to the day we went to that track rental car would go a solid 10.5,wanted to race me for $1000. he changed his mind after that day..lol I am just having fun with this,if you knew him like I do ,youd do the same,I dont care what he does to that tang he will always be chasin Tha chevys...ah haha..besides even if someone were in the car and could shift it,maybe 3 tenths...better in ET.dollar for dollar I am NOT impressed..

Nothing wrong with throwing a few $$$ at a car. :D

Don't worry. There are plenty of Cobras with much less invested running better ET's. The same can be said for a lot of different cars as far as the amount spent versus the ET. Since you know him, it's cool. It's not any fun unless you can mess with friends a little.