How did everyone do today at 42?

SLOWLX

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Front wheel was carrying real nice all day, I was just trying to get the fucking clutch hand down today and only managed a 1.9x 60ft. And ran a 10.4x @ 143, stock wheel base for the lose. Mike however did manage a 9.4x @ 15x. Had a great day I had thought the steals were warped in it but got it home an off trailer at Josh's and the clutch seemed fine. Anywho thats the last of the blue devil you'll be seeing she's getting a face lift, a new heart, and some LONG legs. See yall next year! Thanks to the guys who video'd for me and the guys taking pictures. Thanks Anthony for setting up another spot on event.

My first pass of the day the car went to 3k rpms and then bounced off the rev limiter in 1st and 2ed so I gave up, it had no traction at all. Second pass, started to get traction in 1st and 2ed and when it hit 3ed it stepped out HARD but managed to avoid taking out the cones. Scott then tried it and it did the same thing for him and didn't get any better as the day went. Only pass it did somewhat decent was a taking it slow pass without giving it full throttle but it still had a couple minor issues.

it looks like the diff is broke in that blue formula...or atleast needs some new clutches in it...one wheel peel is ftl

Scott made a pass before the end of the day so Anthony and I could see what it was doing and both wheels where spinning. He still almost hit the wall though in 2ed. The car was just all over the track today.

Anthony believes it was a mix between the track, the tires and that its a 6spd car but we are going to check it out and maybe go out to a test and tune with some different tires or something and try it again if we dont see anything visibly wrong with it.

Guest Removed
No prob josh it was fun

I had a new PB 11.10 at 125 Now i know this car will run 10's with no power adder next yr will be fun for sure...as it will be the first time i spray the car

photo's

http://s753.photobucket.com/albums/xx178/nther91408/?newest=1

im glad the suspension tricks i pulled are working...

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx178/nther91408/DSC01247.jpg

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx178/nther91408/DSC01284.jpg

anti roll bar time...lol

Anthony believes it was a mix between the track, the tires and that its a 6spd car but we are going to check it out and maybe go out to a test and tune with some different tires or something and try it again if we dont see anything visibly wrong with it.

more then likely shit tires..need some drag radials for it any way

It was a very fun day, minus the big end being fuckin scary on a bike!

New personal best (motor):

1.64 60' - 9.56 @ 147mph

New bike record (motor):

9.32 @ 148.97mph (Davis)

New bike record (spray):

9.16 @ 156mph (Davis)

Thanks for all your help Dover, Davis, Chris, Josh...and thank for the 2lbs of nitrous Sam, I owe ya.

1.64 60' - 9.56 @ 147mph

New bike record (motor):

9.32 @ 148.97mph (Davis)

New bike record (spray):

9.16 @ 156mph (Davis)

Thanks for all your help Dover, Davis, Chris, Josh...and thank for the 2lbs of nitrous Sam, I owe ya.

was fucked up in a car as well had to dodge them pot hole and the damn chunks of concrete laying on the track!

Guest Removed
Eric,did you still have the stock rear end?

going on his 3rd one now...lol

after watching that car make a pass it looks like there is someting wrong in the rearend or suspension. just my opinion

needs more stuff in the back

1.64 60' - 9.56 @ 147mph

New bike record (motor):

9.32 @ 148.97mph (Davis)

New bike record (spray):

9.16 @ 156mph (Davis)

Ur welcome sir. I see some eights in your future.

rx7- first pass 12.0 @120 on motor spinning thru first

second pass blew rear up. new best on motor

R1- 9.81@142 new best

Sorry to hear about the car. Me and Josh (3.1 Cutlass) were headed up to Ray's and he saw your car on the trailer coming back. We decided it was most likely your rear end. Sorry to hear that it's down, but glad to hear it wasn't your engine.

You put a 2nd gen (s14?) diff in there yet? Still probably not enough with the TQ your car makes, just wondering. There's some diff from the 2nd gen's that has a torsen type (IIRC) diff that's supposed to be very strong, I'm sure that's what Carl's thinking too. Hopefully one of the RX7 guru's will chime in with the details.

EDIT: Carl beat me to it.

Eric,did you still have the stock rear end?

The blue car was on street tires, one of two I can recall. Both street tire cars were doing the same thing, but hers has about 100 more hp and the shock of shifts from a M6 versus the A4.

Nothing seems loose, but I'd love to see this thing on an alignment rack. It kicks around like its got a shitty thrust angle. I've never been so sideways going down a drag strip, but I don't know. The tires on a colder track were horrible, and the car doesn't feel like it did in the beginning of the year. :confused:

Guest tbutera2112
Nothing seems loose, but I'd love to see this thing on an alignment rack. It kicks around like its got a shitty thrust angle. I've never been so sideways going down a drag strip, but I don't know. The tires on a colder track were horrible, and the car doesn't feel like it did in the beginning of the year. :confused:

benner used to own and work on that thing...its gonna be allllll down hill from here on out...