"Ear tubes" in your kids

nurkvinny

Who has had to go through having tubes inserted in their kid's ears? Our 1 year old has had 4-5 ear infections already and the docs are starting to talk ear tubes time.

Not real happy about it or convinced I'd even allow it. I know there is a ton of info online, and I have been reading up on it. But, I always appreciate real-life CR experience.

Had them done to my daughter, and I was pretty reluctant to say the least. It did stop the ear infections all together, and in the end I'm glad we did it. I just wish the doctor had been clear on having them taken back out. Everyone told us that they come out on their own, but that is not always the case. My daughter's had to be taken back out, and we ended up waiting too long. This caused an ear infection at the end of the whole process, but because the tube was too small it was holding liquid.

Took all of 15 min, she has had only 2 since she has had them, the cool thing iswith the tubes the drops go through them and kill the infection in the ear. She was getting a shot every other day before they went in and it wasn't going away. Get it done, super easy. Take a camera, because when they are that young and trashed from the meds to put them asleep they make for epic pics the 5 min or so they are awake.

Also the bonus is airline flights, the pressure changes that make kids cry on planes have no effect on tubed kids because the air goes through the tubes. We flew to AZ and back non-stop and she didn't even make a peep. She thought it was fun.

Who has had to go through having tubes inserted in their kid's ears? Our 1 year old has had 4-5 ear infections already and the docs are starting to talk ear tubes time.

Not real happy about it or convinced I'd even allow it. I know there is a ton of info online, and I have been reading up on it. But, I always appreciate real-life CR experience.

Is he on Dairy vs Soy formula by chance?

I had same situation as Skinner my son started having hearing and speech problems due to the constant infection in his ears. I wish he had done it sooner. Only drawback we had was that we had to be careful when he started swimming cause water can get in there a bit easier.

We had to put our son in speech therapy due to waiting to long for his tubes.

Best example of what he is hearing right now is that it sounds like he is listening to someone underwater trying to talk to him.

Is he on Dairy vs Soy formula by chance?

No, he isn't on any formula anymore.

Take a camera, because when they are that young and trashed from the meds to put them asleep they make for epic pics the 5 min or so they are awake.

Agreed. We already have some good "wasted" pics of him when he was put under for his surgery at 4 months. :)

Took all of 15 min, she has had only 2 since she has had them, the cool thing iswith the tubes the drops go through them and kill the infection in the ear. She was getting a shot every other day before they went in and it wasn't going away. Get it done, super easy. Take a camera, because when they are that young and trashed from the meds to put them asleep they make for epic pics the 5 min or so they are awake.

Also the bonus is airline flights, the pressure changes that make kids cry on planes have no effect on tubed kids because the air goes through the tubes. We flew to AZ and back non-stop and she didn't even make a peep. She thought it was fun.

When the boys woke up they were mad at the world. Until they saw us and were able to rest/recoup with me holding them.