If you had to move to a different state...

Guest JCroz91

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent been to enough states long enough to know for sure, but I would either move to tennessee because we have a house there and its on the lake I love going to, to s.carolina because we always go to the beach, or florida because its warm, has the beach, and disney is there.

anyone ever been to alabama? my gf wants to go there for school. her mom went there. is it nice?

Well, you're by the Gulf. I lived there for half a year while my dad was in the Air Force, but I was a baby. That doesn't help you at all but it looked boring as shit when I went back and saw home videos of when we lived there.

I really want to check out Texas. The impression I get is that there are quite a few old-school conservatives, along with a great racing scene, in a climate that is pretty nice year round. I don't like the idea of earthquakes (Cali), hurricanes (Florida), and everywhere else seems either boring, cold, or full of bullshit people.

Oregon. Nice to not have sales tax. We also own some property up there and will eventually be retiring in the great Northwest.

You can be in Cali no time, have plenty of land and wildlife, more waterfalls than anywhere and if you want go to mountains, just walk outside. Victoria and Beautiful Canada are not far from there either.

Oregon. Nice to not have sales tax. We also own some property up there and will eventually be retiring in the great Northwest.

You can be in Cali no time, have plenty of land and wildlife, more waterfalls than anywhere and if you want go to mountains, just walk outside. Victoria and Beautiful Canada are not far from there either.

That would be my second choice for sure.

Guest JCroz91

no sales tax? so they just pound you on income tax?

I moved from Ohio to Florida, (Ft Myers). It's warm in the winter, hot and humid as hell in the summer. Old people over-running the place in the winter too. I'd move to the East coast around Miami if I were single and into partying. Tampa/St Pete would work too. I rode the motorcycle year round, but it's all boring-flat riding. Fishing was incredible down there. Window tint laws were not enforced. No state income tax. Cops never bothered me with obnoxiously loud exhaust. No front plate. Bikinis? Here and there, but mostly around Spring Break.

I now live in Virginia. Warmer than Cbus, but still get some snow here and there. Motorcycle riding is a million times better than Ohio and Florida. Ocean/beach a short drive away too. Mountains and ocean not far apart without the over population and expense of California. Of course, it's still not California, but we have the Auto/moto/boat/trailer inspections every year, plus a personal property tax on all your toys.

So far, I grew up in Ohio. Lived four years in Florida and three in Virginia. Now I am looking at moving back to Ohio to be close to family again. I'll always miss Florida though.